Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the difference between Wicked Diesel's Arson kit and Industrial Injections stage I "bag of parts"??? Looks like the same 3 parts, but are they modded differently?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I would like to know also.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I believe Wicked "Arson" worked w/ II "bag-of parts" on it together II really didnt want to mess w/ it so Wicked released his Arson kit, then II and Wicked got into a pissing match and II released there Bag-of-parts kit (which they named to make fun of Wicked), which is the exact same thing. Go to CompD and read the thread its quite comical, it steered me away from II and another company who post here regulary.

·
2,247 Posts
I have the arson kit, it works great, and I am about to do another upgrade to the pump by Shane at Wicked Diesels. It will grow with your pump upgrades.

·
I bleed diesel
1,340 Posts
The II kit and the Arson kit are not the same thing. One of the most important parts to the Arson Kit is overlooked in the kit II produces. The part is the modified high pressure outlet fitting.

The II kit is two parts that only address the fuel going into and through the pump without increasing the flow through the fitting out of the pump.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
I believe Wicked "Arson" worked w/ II "bag-of parts" on it together II really didnt want to mess w/ it so Wicked released his Arson kit, then II and Wicked got into a pissing match and II released there Bag-of-parts kit (which they named to make fun of Wicked), which is the exact same thing. Go to CompD and read the thread its quite comical, it steered me away from II and another company who post here regulary.
sorry but II had this kit long before wicked was even on the diesel scene, i know cause i sold these kits for the last 3 years, i just didnt do much advertiseing about it.
shane made a big deal about it and took things the wrong way. II could have cared less but he made false accusations like he was the first to market......... maybe first to advertise but far from first to market.

thats how it started, thin skined people ought not be getting there feelings hurt on the forums, feelings belong on the dresser when you get up in the morning.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
The II kit and the Arson kit are not the same thing. One of the most important parts to the Arson Kit is overlooked in the kit II produces. The part is the modified high pressure outlet fitting.

The II kit is two parts that only address the fuel going into and through the pump without increasing the flow through the fitting out of the pump.
if thats what shane uses as a sales pitch then thats fine but it's far from true, every modded pump and dual pump kit on the market use a stock outlet fitting to my knowledge.

now lets look at some variables here.

shane has no bosch or equivilant test stand to verifie his educated guesses.

II does have a state of the art injector, cp3, and whole CR fuel system test stand in house.

dont you think that if they were able to flow more that there test stand would show them that and it would be done?

II is a stand up company that has powered the absolute fastest, and most powerfull trucks in the country. i think they know what there doing, there results and such speak for themselves

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
sorry but II had this kit long before wicked was even on the diesel scene, i know cause i sold these kits for the last 3 years, i just didnt do much advertiseing about it.
shane made a big deal about it and took things the wrong way. II could have cared less but he made false accusations like he was the first to market......... maybe first to advertise but far from first to market.

thats how it started, thin skined people ought not be getting there feelings hurt on the forums, feelings belong on the dresser when you get up in the morning.
Then why after the thread was started on comp d did someone form II say introducing the "bag of parts", don't get me wrong II is a great company, I'am saving for one of their turbos and probably their injectors, they make great products but the way I read that thread was that they intoduced a do it yourself kit to compete with Shane, I would check to make sure but I have not been able to get on comp d for the last few days.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
Then why after the thread was started on comp d did someone form II say introducing the "bag of parts", don't get me wrong II is a great company, I'am saving for one of their turbos and probably their injectors, they make great products but the way I read that thread was that they intoduced a do it yourself kit to compete with Shane, I would check to make sure but I have not been able to get on comp d for the last few days.
there site server crashed, who knows when it will be back up. there is alot of the story that took place behind the sceens. i'll just leave it alone from here.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
there site server crashed, who knows when it will be back up. there is alot of the story that took place behind the sceens. i'll just leave it alone from here.
OK, I don't want to stir the pot, I got some of Shanes parts and they have gone beyond what I expected but I have seen II products run and I'am very impressed.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Whats the difference between Wicked Diesel's Arson kit and Industrial Injections stage I "bag of parts"??? Looks like the same 3 parts, but are they modded differently?
They maybe a little different but their goal is the same to be a bridge between a stock cp3 and a stage 2 cp3. Really they are both pretty stand up companies and I would feel comfortable buying from either of them so I don't really think you can go wrong. :thumbsup

·
Shiftin Fool
1,185 Posts
i ran what we used to call a stage 1 kit from industrial injection about two years ago. it never really had a name when i ran it. but i couldn't afford a stage two pump so thats what i ran for a while.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Thats what I got out of it too, wasnt trying to start nothin btw:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I plan on doing the arson kit just because when funds are available and more fuel is needed I can just send my cp3 with the arson kit installed and have it built to a stage 2 for half the price..

·
Registered
476 Posts
were do you get the II or bag of parts?? website??

·
Registered
476 Posts
So how do you decide between II and the arsen kit??

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
So how do you decide between II and the arsen kit??
:popcorn: I will just give my .02, the arson kit did every thing I wanted and more and Shane is a great guy to deal with.

·
Registered
954 Posts
so the kits are basically the same then? is there that much of a difference in them? i dont want to stir the pot, i just want to know what to look for..personally i would buy both, but i dont think there was a conclusion..

1 - 20 of 63 Posts