Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the stuff that I have in my signature should I go ahead and get the Arson III kit? Would it benefit me much to get it or what? Also where do you think that would put my HP? Right now my rail pressure is around 25,000 at WOT with the smarty TNT set on sw3 with all the other options set at 2 like rail pressure, torque, and timing. I want to get the turbo on there first cause it heats up pretty good right now. I should be getting the turbo like the end of next month or the beginning of june. Let me know what you guys think. Also how hard is it to install the Arson III kit? My dad has worked on cars/trucks all his life but not really much in the diesel world so I would have him help me but not having a whole lot of diesel knowledge do you think that we would be able to do it ourselves? Thanks guys for any advice you can give me.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yeah I have one and it is a good investment if you don't have the money to spend on a pump.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any advice as far as installation and how much it will help my current setup?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
It's a very easy install, you don't even have to remove the pump, took me about 45min to install mine, its just taking off stock parts and putting the new stuff on, just make sure you don't strip the bolts on the gear case and watch out for the little check ball in the high pressure fitting.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay well that will probably be my next investment after the turbo. What do you think that will put my HP at? around 600-650?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's one that the diesel shop that I have them do the work on my truck they have a company out of Arkansas that builds there turbos for them. But it's a 62mm which according to them should be fine for the setup that I have right now. They said it should keep my boost between 40 to 50psi with the smarty turned all the way up. because I don't have head studs and kinda want to stay away from putting those in.

·
Registered
223 Posts
You are running TNT level 3 with 90 horse injectors on a stock tranny? Any slipping? I only ask cuz I have a stock tranny and was thinking about buying a TNT for now and leaving it on SW1, which I'm told is about 100hp. I was worried about blowing up my tranny in the first 30 secs though. If you are running a combo of injectors AND SW that should be at least 150hp if not ALOT more, then my theory of a stock tranny holding SW1 on TNT should be correct.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah my tranny has been 100% fine so far and i have been running this combo for about 8 weeks and about 2500 miles. these trannys are actually stronger than what people think. if you load up the TNT on sw1 you should be fine just dont go out and drive it like you stole it or be doing boosted launches on your stock tranny. i plan on upgrading to a full billet tranny as soon as the stock one lets go but so far it's holding up great. i bet i'm some where between 500-525 horsepower at the wheels so hopefully that helps you out in your decision to run the TNT software.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts