Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed a Arson III today on my truck. It was used with very low miles. Everything went smoothly except for the nervous part about that little ball.. I thought I saw it fall out but had my truck parked on a decline so I wasn't sure if I was making myself see things or what so I searched everywhere and didn't see it anywhere so I decided to finish the install. If I did loose the ball and cranked the truck up wouldn't it peg RP and the truck would rattle and clatter really bad?? My truck cranked up and ran fine. Im running smarty and also have a pressure box. Took the truck for a spin tonight and I could run more RP before I installed this kit. Not sure if I did something wrong or if that ball did actually fall out, but I use to be able to peg 26,5k with pressure turned on and now it will only do like 19k.. With pressure off I could barely get it to go past 15k.. Any ideas?? I put the smarty on 9 and stomped it and when i let out the truck surged like it wanted to keep going..

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Mine does the same thing with the surge. If i'm heavy in the throttle and let off suddenly it wants to stay reved up for a second or so. I have heard this is a fail safe thing so the preasure spike won't hurt the injectors but not sure. That said you should be able to get more than 19k out of it for sure! I have no idea what thats all about.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine does the same thing with the surge. If i'm heavy in the throttle and let off suddenly it wants to stay reved up for a second or so. I have heard this is a fail safe thing so the preasure spike won't hurt the injectors but not sure. That said you should be able to get more than 19k out of it for sure! I have no idea what thats all about.
Hopefully someone will chime in.. Something can't be right.. I gotta find out what the truck will do exactly if I did loose that ball.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Stock will get to 23K or so. At least mine does.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone know if there's a way to check individual parts of kits to make sure there OK? Or possibly pump just took a dump?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
warning -- dont run the truck without the ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
and if you did run the truck without the ball-- start looking for a new pump...:doh:

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Stock will get to 23K or so. At least mine does.
stock r/p is 25,000, give or take 500....something isnt right, 19k is not good when wot...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same kit installed. I can hit 20k without even trying. Do you have a aftermarket fuel pump? What's you fuel pressure?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cp3 blew up today. Guess I did lose that little ball. Weird thing is my truck never spiked rp or anything. And I drove it around for roughly 3 hours after I installed the kit. So that's why I thought I didn't lose the ball. Truck died today spewing fuel everywhere. Git it out and yep the little balls gone. So ill be calling Shane at wicked.

·
Piggy Piggy
3,426 Posts
Man you have got me worried sick now I just done a swap like 3 days ago and have no ideal what ball your talking about

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Man you have got me worried sick now I just done a swap like 3 days ago and have no ideal what ball your talking about
If u have drove it a good bit your probably OK. It's a tiny check ball that's behind that high pressure fitting that has the spring on the end.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
that little ball regulates pressure.. if its not in there your pump goes BOOM...

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that little ball regulates pressure.. if its not in there your pump goes BOOM...
Yup. I was under the impression though if u lost it you would know because rp would Max kut

2,766 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I did the same thing. My blew up 2 miles from my house. I also replaced it with a Dragonslayer, you'll like it!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did the same thing. My blew up 2 miles from my house. I also replaced it with a Dragonslayer, you'll like it!
Sweet! What kind of RP you see with your 90s?

·
CF Administration
8,844 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts