Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a 2001 02 5 6 spd's for sale out there?

·
cumminsforum.com
26,302 Posts
Anything under 250K miles is low miles... So be aware these truck run all the way to 1 million miles if taken care properly... So you request of low miles might need clearing up...:confused013:

I've got lots of low mileage truck up here in Idaho... (<250 Miles) But most are not selling because the owners know they will last...

But I've seen several trucks that pass through my area with 500K+ miles and still going strong...

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anything under 250K miles is low miles... So be aware these truck run all the way to 1 million miles if taken care properly... So you request of low miles might need clearing up...:confused013:

I've got lots of low mileage truck up here in Idaho... (<250 Miles) But most are not selling because the owners know they will last...

But I've seen several trucks that pass through my area with 500K+ miles and still going strong...
How many miles can be put on these engines before a rebuild is needed? Are the really that different from a gas six cylinders used in Jeeps?

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
yeah, i see some nice 2nd gen's around every once in awhile. with more like 50 k on them. but most of them like that get snatched up so fast noone really even knows they were for sale.

there's a guy in the ut chapter with an 01 with 30k on it. he also has a 1st gen with less than 60k

just really hard to find, and few and far between

·
cumminsforum.com
26,302 Posts
How many miles can be put on these engines before a rebuild is needed?
Like I said if taken care of they will clear the 1 million mile mark WITHOUT a rebuild... Here is my Buddy 1 ton 92 Dodge with 620K miles on it currently. The only problem he has right now is the tappet cover on the driver side of the block is starting to leak. I've got a governor spring sitting here for him. We are still building up the HP/TQ... :thumbsup:

·
On call 24/7
12,570 Posts
How many miles can be put on these engines before a rebuild is needed? Are the really that different from a gas six cylinders used in Jeeps?
Are you kidding, neither a 4.0 or 4.2 compare with a cummins. I have had several jeeps and have been around alot and I know most people like that junky little I6 but I wont own another. A cummins is 100 times more a motor than anything jeep has ever had.:banghead:

·
cumminsforum.com
26,302 Posts

·
On call 24/7
12,570 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
why on earth would you seek out a VP44 truck and pay a premium for it?
I don't want anything newer than the 02's..
Love the sound, and body style. Drove an 03 and 06,
strong but lacked that clatter under the hood.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't want a tired body and interior.... I'm looking for a very clean original truck if at all possible. I would rather pay dearly for an original low mileage 2002 than what some people are asking for these tired 97-98 ets...

·
Registered
478 Posts
honestly finding these trucks is hard enough

now finding one with a 6 speed, thats clean, and less than 150,000 miles?

damn near impossible

·
Premium Member
4,688 Posts
honestly finding these trucks is hard enough

now finding one with a 6 speed, thats clean, and less than 150,000 miles?

damn near impossible
i got one LOL

·
Registered
478 Posts
you're one of the lucky ones lol

my friend managed to find one too...it had 75,000 miles and he paid $10,000 for it

however it wasn't that clean and it was as basic as they come

but ever since then they've been pretty hard to come by

·
Registered
478 Posts
well dont get me wrong you'll find plenty of trucks just a lot of them wont be clean will have autos and will have higher mileage

plus theres such a high demand for these trucks that they sell like hotcakes

my truck was at the dealer for a day and when i got there, there were already three credit apps so I said if i go home and bring cash will you sell it to me? I got a yes and thats how i got my truck lol

·
cumminsforum.com
26,302 Posts
I'll give you something to thing about...

My last truck was a 1972 Dodge 3/4 Ton 4x4 with a 360 CID (4 BBL) with 4 Speed trans. It had over 202K miles. The truck was beat to death. I got $1,200 for my trade in. But the dealer sold it in less than a week for over $5000.

Now my Mom also traded in a truck too for the 1996 she got. It was 1976 Dodge 3/4 Ton 4x4 with 360 CID (2 BBL) with Auto Trans. It had only 70K miles on it. The paint was faded slightly the interior was clean. The dealer never sold it they KEPT it. They turn the truck into a service truck! To this day I still laugh about it because I see it in Ontario, OR alll the time sitting in the dealer lot...

As for finding a spotless truck with low miles for a good price the only clue I can give you that is you going to have to find a older owner that willing to sell.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have an '02 with 50k miles, rarely towed with and never over 5k lbs! Make me an offer.

·
Registered
13,900 Posts
I don't want a tired body and interior.... I'm looking for a very clean original truck if at all possible. I would rather pay dearly for an original low mileage 2002 than what some people are asking for these tired 97-98 ets...
find a clean 98 12v then... same truck as an 02

after you replace that injection pump and lift pump and APPS a few times, you'll be wishing you bought a 12v. and that's just in the first few months! :hehe:

·
Registered
545 Posts
i have a 99 with 30k dually 2wd black with tan leather, 16'' alcoa's original owner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts