Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get rid of my newly purchase 07.5 2500 6.7 for something better. I have had it for a month with only 18000 miles on it and it's been in the shop 5 times the last time for 6 days and they still have.
I had a f150 and loved it but pull a 24' tri-toon boat that was like a parachute for it.
Are the 10's any better or should I go for the chev or ford. Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am going to take a wild guess before he responds just for the fun of it, but I am guessing check engine lights, egr valve or 2 that needed to be replaced, possibly a turbo that needed to be cleaned or replaced as a cherry on top.

·
Registered
855 Posts
i had a ford, it was fun with the spartan tuning.. but now i have a dodge the 6.4 powerstroke wasnt a bad rig. i just dont know how id ever work on it myself and i want a truck i can keep for long time. the cummins is right up there stock to stock i think its better even.

3,180 Posts
be a man and delete the emisions crap and you wont have any other issues with the engine, all of the big 3 have there own issues no matter who says dif

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well just got my truck back, they did almost 3000 in warranty repairs, throttle body and #5 injector and steering shaft mid link. The truck had issued skipping worst under load, well got it back runs better but still skipping.
I was going to do the delets but was told to make sure there were no other issues causing the skip. Glad I did now #5 injector was bad or weak and they are not cheap.
Like the ieal of the deletes but hate to do that and have to do major repairs, I just bought this thing and dont know enough about it to void the warranty yet.....are the 2010 any better I have a deal on one $19,200 plus my truck, this one is loaded with everything except leather and sunroof, has bighorn package quad cab 4x4, but are the 2010 worth having or are they still having the same issues with the DPF and EGR etc: thanks

3,180 Posts
FYI diesels dont have a throttle body...

3,180 Posts
so far they have no issues

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
trade that 07.5 for a 2010. cant beat the ride and comfort of these new rigs. if you do, first thing is scrap the emissions stuff on it. im just waiting for the deletes to be available! lol

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
No issues that I've heard of either. Mine and several others have performed flawless.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
the 6.7s do. It's the butterfly valve in the intake horn. It regulates air to help make more heat during a regen.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
And Diesels do not have Throttle Bodies, However the new diesels have a butterfly valve, but its used for REGENs only! Throttle bodies on gas engines and Butterfly valves are two different things!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes I am wondering about the stock truck, not sure if I would do any mod's on a new truck. Wouldnt want to kill the warranty

·
Registered
404 Posts
FYI diesels dont have a throttle body...
I just started to read this thread and that is exactly what I was going to say. A diesel is wide open and only accelerates by giving it more fuel which cases more exhaust which causes more air forced into it by the turbo. Oh and go ahead and do all the deletes like everyone is telling you to. If you don't give a darn about a 100,000 mile warranty. and can afford real high repair bills if something major goes wrong.

·
Banned
626 Posts
Sorry for the off topic post but i thought the butterfly valve was for delta pressure to make sure that the egr could be fed into the intake using the valve to overcome boost pressure.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've had my 2010 3500 since Feb. and no problems. Stock but looking into a edge juice w/ attitude.

·
Premium Member
9,497 Posts
I am looking to get rid of my newly purchase 07.5 2500 6.7 for something better. I have had it for a month with only 18000 miles on it and it's been in the shop 5 times the last time for 6 days and they still have.
I had a f150 and loved it but pull a 24' tri-toon boat that was like a parachute for it.
Are the 10's any better or should I go for the chev or ford. Thanks.
The 2010 6.7's are really really really good.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts