Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am contemplating purchasing either an ATS or Blade runner Manifold. Do these make a difference, or is it a waste.

·
Registered
260 Posts
From all the test's in Diesel mag's I have read, I'd be willing to bet that they do make a difference. I like the cfm+ manifold myself though. Seems to flow more and wouldn't be as much as a heat soaker. Just my 2 cents.

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats great. I gotta a guy in Idaho that can get me a killer deal on the CFM+, but he said they are pretty much just plastic. The reports do show that they flow good, but i wasnt sure how they would hold up.

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also your ID shows your a pipefitter? Welder or what?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Welder,tig,mig,stick,orbital, all that stuff. Right now I am doing auto-cad for the cooling towers and chillers about to be welded up.

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool...im thinking about going to the Tulsa welding school to do That. I have a friend that welds on oil rigs, and pulls some big cash...not to be rude, but for career purposes, what should i look to make?

·
Registered
260 Posts
What you make is pretty much your decision. I will not work for scale if I know that contractor needs me badly. You make different amount's all over depending on the cost of living. That Tulsa school is one bada$$ school. Great place right there man!!!

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I visited yesterday, and loved it. the people are great, and very helpful. My main concern is student loans. I want to be able to pay them back quickly but not be broke cause i cant make the money fast enough. Ive been hearing 28-30 an hour, plus per diem, but i would have to work 7 days a week to get it, or i wont get the job...thats according to another guy i talked to....not the school. Im willing to work however long, but if something comes upp like an emergency, i dont want to lose my job.

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The guy said that if you miss even one day on the weekend, your toast. What companies are good to work for, and how much on average do they pay. Im looking into going into the master program, so i could do it all potentially.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Pm'd ya...

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dont think it went through

·
Registered
583 Posts
The intakes are for people who are going to do all the mods possible. So, no I didnt notice any difference with mine but I fit into the category above. Nowhere near the bang for the buck! My thought, for what I got, it shouldnt be more than $150

1 - 12 of 12 Posts