Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wonder if the '07 5.9's have engine block heaters as a standard feature? If so, where is the plug to plug it in?

·
Registered
38 Posts
might be tied up underneath or even inside the hood to the right of the rad(thats where it was on my buddys '08 1500 hemi)... if its not there then its like $60 or something like that :thud:

·
Registered
151 Posts
might be tied up underneath or even inside the hood to the right of the rad(thats where it was on my buddys '08 1500 hemi)... if its not there then its like $60 or something like that :thud:
why would a 1500 hemi have an engine block heater???? never heard of a block heater on a gasser.... :w:

B

·
0 Posts
i have 2nd gen but i believe its the same open the hood and look to the left of the radiator down low is where they are looks just like 110 plug on extension cord

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't seem to find it. :confused: Is it an actual cord or an outlet for a cord? I took a picture of where I think a cord could be attached to this keeper.

·
Registered
305 Posts
why would a 1500 hemi have an engine block heater???? never heard of a block heater on a gasser.... :w:
All gassers in Alaska have block heaters, oil pan heaters, and battery pads. Also it should have the actual block heater, but you need to buy the cord that plugs into it, and run it to your grille.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I can't seem to find it. :confused: Is it an actual cord or an outlet for a cord? I took a picture of where I think a cord could be attached to this keeper.

yes dieselrookie that is where it should be or atleast that is where mine is on my 07 5.9

·
Banned
393 Posts
Some trucks in the south dont have the block heater cord. All have the block heater. There is a fitting under the truck that it screws into. If you dont have the cord, get one off ebay for $10. The dealership here tried to charge me $125 to put one on...lol
Its easy to do yourself and only costs a few dollars. Dont get one at the dealership...they WILL overcharge.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, I must need to have one installed. Is this something that I could do myself? Or is it better to have a diesel mechanic install it? Thanks for the info guys :thumbsup

Thanks Hoof power!!

Where is it that you install it?

·
Banned
393 Posts
Go look at a guys cummins that already has one. It should be towards the bottom passenger side of the block. Its just a cap covering a bung for the cord to screw into. Like i said, they all have it. A cord from 94-2007 should fit it. Any 5.9 dodge will have it in the same place. Do not take it to a dealership. Its as easy as tightening a nut, and plugging in a cord. No Problem

·
Registered
48 Posts
it is an easy install. Bought mine from geno's and it came with mounts to fasten it to your frame. Cost we about $35. The cap for the plug is near your oil filter and if you can screw in a water hose to a faucet you can install a block heater. Stay away from the dealerships!!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts