Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2012 mega cab 4x4 Big Horn and I am New to Dodges. I always owned Chevy's. After I bought mine I noticed some had the high out put badge and some didn't. Are there two different versions of the 6.7? Also curious as to where I find which ratio rear able I have. On the Chevy they list it on the window sticker, but not on the Dodge's.

·
Registered
305 Posts
i'm fairly certain, though may be wrong, that all 2012 automatics where HO trucks while the sticks were the lower output model....

·
Go Packers
9,070 Posts
Just bought a 2012 mega cab 4x4 Big Horn and I am New to Dodges. I always owned Chevy's. After I bought mine I noticed some had the high out put badge and some didn't. Are there two different versions of the 6.7? Also curious as to where I find which ratio rear able I have. On the Chevy they list it on the window sticker, but not on the Dodge's.
Yes, the automatic trans are the HO models. Here is Chrysler's phone #, 1-866-726-4636. Have your Vin # ready, and you can request a build sheet for your truck, or they will e-mail you one. At least they did for me.

Welcome to the forum, you'll find many smart folks here. The only dumb question is the one you do not ask. Bet wishes.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes there are two different versions. The automatics are rated at 350 hp and 800 torque. The manual trans is rated at 310 hp I believe and 650 torque. My window sticker for my truck does tell me the rear end gear ratio. I think it was towards the top close to where is listed the transmission.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I believe you can also crawl under the truck and look at the axle. Should be a sticker on that says what it is.
At least there was on the 1500's. I'm still really new to 2500

·
Registered
35 Posts
5.7 Hemi (Gasoline) 383 @ 5,600 400 @ 3,950 66RFE six-speed automatic
Cummins Diesel 385 @ 2,800 850 @ 1,600 Aisin ASC69RC (Ram 3500)
Cummins Diesel 350 @ 2,800 660 @ 1,500 Six-speed manual
Cummins Diesel 370 @ 2,800800 @ 1,600 68RFE six-speed automatic

Power ratings for the 2013 Ram HD. 2500s have the 800 tune with the same 68rfe but H.O.s and all 3500s (auto) get the 850 tune and new Aisin tranny. All manuals get the 660 tune.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
288 Posts
From what I have read the autos have a higher tune, to compensate for the torque converter. Same engine though.... Totally different beast than the Chevy, the low end torque always amazes me, I did not hate my Chevy, but I def don't miss it!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Yes there are two different versions. The automatics are rated at 350 hp and 800 torque. The manual trans is rated at 310 hp I believe and 650 torque. My window sticker for my truck does tell me the rear end gear ratio. I think it was towards the top close to where is listed the transmission.
both manual and automatic are rated at 350 hp for 2500/3500, the manual is only rated at 610 ft lbs torque (the clutch won't handle more than that) and the auto is rated 800 ft lbs torque.. with that being said, here's a table showing the various peak torque loads to the ground, with various gearing.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Does anybody know what Dodge did to "detune" the non-HO and the G56 engines? Is it all in the computer? Have I effectively undone this with my MiniMaxx and NC tune?
everything that I've read about the 6.7 with the G56 is it's all in the tune of the software that runs the engine. That being said, unless you have an aftermarket clutch that will handle the extra torque, might just as well keep it stock as far as power goes.

·
Registered
267 Posts
everything that I've read about the 6.7 with the G56 is it's all in the tune of the software that runs the engine. That being said, unless you have an aftermarket clutch that will handle the extra torque, might just as well keep it stock as far as power goes.
I'll be ordering a Valair DD Organic clutch very soon so I have no issue tearing up my stocker for the next few weeks/months (depending on how long it takes me to get it installed). I'm currently running my MM w/the no-ATT mild tune and a custom timing curve on Street. It's been great! As soon as I get my studs installed, I'll get even more aggressive with the timing and give the ATT tune a try as well. :party018:

Thanks for the info on the "detune". I was hoping that it was all software.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.