Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve been contemplating whether or not to take the leap of faith and get a 2nd gen swap going for my truck. Comparing this to the normal drop in turbos it seems a little more expensive but worth the investment for the longevity of the motor. In reason I’m just wanting more power but not enough where I need to be worried if I’m going to break something everytime I run it hard. The swaps make the classic sound of a Cummins come alive and the often fart rattle can of the stock manifold is displeasing. So any input on this is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Depending on choice of turbo, you might be paying only for sound, how much is the sound worth to you? No one can really answer that.

·
Registered
336 Posts
2g swaps are more for sound or ease of going to compounds or bigger singles.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
846 Posts
I’ve posted this earlier but as far as sound, the second gen swap also reduces that annoying drone at 2200ish rpm under load.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
they won't help performance wise, but they do sound better. It will set you up if you ever want to run compounds or a large turbo later down the road. So it really depends on what your future plans are and/or if the sound the worth the money to you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've read also that it helps with EGTs. Especially when you upgrade to a good manifold.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I've read also that it helps with EGTs. Especially when you upgrade to a good manifold.
Nope. A good aftermarket 3rd gen manifold flows just as well.

Reactions: GRUNT 11B
1 - 7 of 7 Posts