Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at buying a set of 150s nozzles from a guy on here. But i have a feeling they would be to big for my stock trany to handle. Any input would be great thanks

·
Mule Barn Proprietor
11,118 Posts
I dont know much about the Banks Ottomind, but if its a wiretap box I would say definately too big, if it not a wire tap box I would say probably still too big. The stock tranny wont take much, and 150s fuel hard with tuning. I made 292 with 150s only, no electronic fueling mods. That might hurt a stock tranny.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I ran coaltrain 150's on a stock trans for a bit and it took it for a while. then i went and put an adrenaline on her and.....woops. it still drives but the trans is straight pi$$ed!! A trans will be in your near future. Yes its still worth it!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you use no fueling box,and drive sensibly,the stock trans will fine.No heavy towing,or locked up roll ons.Injectors make smooth controllable horsepower,they are easy to drive gently with ,a 150hp fueling box is violent,and aggressive,it would toast the trans almost immediately if left in 150hp mode.
I run Don M mach 6+,over 200hp nozzles,and they drive great,very smooth and tractable power.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My stock trans lasted 3 weeks with my 150's. Dont tell the wife about the injectors then when the trans goes....uh oh I guess I need a built trans.

·
Future Fly Boy!
2,197 Posts
if you drive it like an oldman, it will last for a little while....but that would defeat the point of those 150's wouldnt it??? id go ahead and do it, and realize that you will need to do the tranny in the near future..i understand that a lot of people try and stay away from the tranny as much as possible...it's expensive, but honestly, it's the nature of the beast...my tranny was the best thing ive put on my truck and it reminds me of that everyday...power is absolutly worthless if you cant put it to the ground...built trannys rock so start saving now and have some real fun:thumbsup:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what about some rv275s or a lil bigger. I am only 20 and am broke hahaha no suprise for that. i do tow about 10k about 2 or 3 times amonth. i am going to be putting in a bd valve body soon and possibly the converter if i can afford it.

·
Mule Barn Proprietor
11,118 Posts
I went from rv275s to the 150s. For what you pay for RVs and the small gain you get, I would just save up and wait till you have a better tranny. The tranny will make the most difference on your truck IMO! Now if you find a set of RVs for dirt cheap ($100-150), might be worth running them for a lil bit.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do you still have your rv275s

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I dont think that your concern should be with the trans, you have that little HY35, no bigger than 70Hp injectors if u plan on keeping that sucker alive. The trans will hold find as long as u dont run the hell out of it while towing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts