Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
I have a brand new stock turbo and I'm going to switch it out with the old one. Is there anything I need to know before venturing into this project :confused013: such as tips, certain tools, do's and dont's, etc? or the easiest way possible.....:thumbsup:
Any info is much appreciated.
Thanks, Ethan

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,934 Posts
replace any and all gaskets that you come in contact with, clean any flanges you can get to with a wire wheel and tap for a thermal couple if you haven't already. That about covers it though. You may want to replace the sealing rings on the banjo's too, but that is totally optional.

·
Registered
194 Posts
That pretty much covers it :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
replace any and all gaskets that you come in contact with, clean any flanges you can get to with a wire wheel and tap for a thermal couple if you haven't already. That about covers it though. You may want to replace the sealing rings on the banjo's too, but that is totally optional.
im going to be venturing into this project also ,,,thanks for the info shibby:thumbsup:

·
Registered
418 Posts
put some oil in the turbo before you hook up the oil supply line!! just a pet peev, not really sure if it helps or not!

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
put some oil in the turbo before you hook up the oil supply line!! just a pet peev, not really sure if it helps or not!
by the looks of things you no what yur talkin about:thumbsup:thanks i'll keep that in my little mind,,its nice to have little tricks up the sleeve to help out the process...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info guys! :thumbsup:Now im ready.Thanks ethan.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Def replace the sealing rings. When my turbo was replaced the dealer didnt replace them and 5k miles later I have a heck of an oil leak.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts