Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck came with a 10.5" rear axle. Does anybody make anything for our trucks? Anything at all? My truck hooks decent but this one wheel sometimes and not being able to put the 800+ HP to the ground will be a problem soon. And since I got a spare 10.5" axle sitting on the side, I might as well find something and change it out while I can.

So is there anything for the AAM 10.5" axles?

Thank You,
Joey

·
Registered
14 Posts
There are currently only 2 options available for your 10.5 rear. Both are OEM units.

There is a factory Helical gear type posi similar to a True trac that came in some of these trucks stock.

Another option is a Electric Locker that came in the Power Wagon trucks. This locker will install in your housing but you will need to wire it in to your truck and put a switch in the dash.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope.The Sled Puller has ARB Lockers front and rear.It has the 11.5. My drag truck spins both but still sometimes in the dirt spins on or the other.

HOW MUCH CAN YOU GET THE ELECTRONIC LOCKER for MY 10.5 rear?

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
Nope.The Sled Puller has ARB Lockers front and rear.It has the 11.5. My drag truck spins both but still sometimes in the dirt spins on or the other.

HOW MUCH CAN YOU GET THE ELECTRONIC LOCKER for MY 10.5 rear?
I didn't think any 2004 CTD's had the 10.5" axle.. It should have been a hemi only axle about mid 03.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Yep my 03 SO 250hp model came with a 10.5 rear axle and a 48RE auto. I would have thought it would be a 47re.

I would be interested in a quote for an e-locker for a 10.5 rear axle.

BTW ordered my front axle rebuild kit for my 9.25 from you guys to replace my hammered pinion bearing (193k on odo)and everything was great. Thanks for a good product and good customer service:thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yep my 03 SO 250hp model came with a 10.5 rear axle and a 48RE auto. I would have thought it would be a 47re.

I would be interested in a quote for an e-locker for a 10.5 rear axle.

BTW ordered my front axle rebuild kit for my 9.25 from you guys to replace my hammered pinion bearing (193k on odo)and everything was great. Thanks for a good product and good customer service:thumbsup:

PM sent

Thank you

·
Unreconstructed
6,043 Posts
I built the Sterling 10.25" rear in my 96 F-250 and used a Detroit Locker (full, NOT a Tru-Trac). And Yukon 5.13 gears. Everything went together great. I plan on doing the same setup on the Dana 60 front I am going to build & install, if I keep the truck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts