Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

Registered
2019 Laramie Sport,4x4,HO,LB, Dually, 4:10, AirSuspension,Tow Package,12 inch display
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Same here馃檮
I went to the Mopar website and than that moved me to the Chrysler.com website. And than it took my info so try it that way. It is either a glitch or just to many people signing up for recall parts.

Registered
How do you sign up for the kit when Stellantis sent me a letter on it? There's no "sign-up" mentioned.

They said my truck has the problem and should be fixed. Then it went on to tell me there are NO parts available. Then I am told to do nothing until I get another letter stating parts are available. Guess that would also tell me what to do next. No timetable mentioned.

Registered
2019 Laramie Sport,4x4,HO,LB, Dually, 4:10, AirSuspension,Tow Package,12 inch display
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
How do you sign up for the kit when Stellantis sent me a letter on it? There's no "sign-up" mentioned.

They said my truck has the problem and should be fixed. Then it went on to tell me there are NO parts available. Then I am told to do nothing until I get another letter stating parts are available. Guess that would also tell me what to do next. No timetable mentioned.
Read your recall letter and my prior post.

Registered
2020 3500 HO 4x4 SRW CCLB
Also, if you're signed up on mopar.com and have your vehicle in your "garage," you can see the recalls and get to the parts notice signup from there.

Registered
Is there an official stop sale on cp4 trucks? My 2022 is sitting at the dealer but I got incredibly! low balled on my 2019 trade under the premise of there is a stop sale and if they take it they can't do anything with it but put it in storage for later....?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Is there an official stop sale on cp4 trucks? My 2022 is sitting at the dealer but I got incredibly! low balled on my 2019 trade under the premise of there is a stop sale and if they take it they can't do anything with it but put it in storage for later....?
Have not heard of that yet but!!! It might be because of the HPFP is a safety recall and they cannot resell it until it is changed out.

Registered
Have not heard of that yet but!!! It might be because of the HPFP is a safety recall and they cannot resell it until it is changed out.
Which they will get paid by FCA to do.....and then still sell the truck at a premium by toting brand new parts....win/win for someone....not me.

Registered
Which they will get paid by FCA to do.....and then still sell the truck at a premium by toting brand new parts....win/win for someone....not me.
Dealers for the most part have earned their reputation. There are some good ones out there but unfortunately are way overshadowed by the shady ones. Sucks what they鈥檙e doing to you.

Registered
There's a link to a revised cp4 replacement TSB posted elsewhere that shows the adapter ring and new style cp3 pump.

Sent from my work avoidance device

Registered
TSB 18-054-21 REV. A

Pump phasing

ECM relocation bracket

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
When was the new style CP3 pump model year installed on? Is it 2022s and our recall replacement?

Registered
When was the new style CP3 pump model year installed on? Is it 2022s and our recall replacement?
The CP3.2 was run up until 2018.

The CP4.2 was introduced in 2019 with a summer 2020 refresh to the Symmetrical cam lobe design (large dimple).

The CP-ISB21S3 was introduced in 2021.

The recall pump appears to be slightly different. Different clocking, banjo connectors. Looks like a slightly modified/updated CP3 or perhaps it's a modified CP-ISB21 to fit the 19-20 trucks. All just a SWAG based on images I've seen of all three pumps (CP3, CP-ISB21S3, recall pump).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
The CP3.2 was run up until 2018.

The CP4.2 was introduced in 2019 with a summer 2020 refresh to the Symmetrical cam lobe design (large dimple).

The CP-ISB21S3 was introduced in 2021.

The recall pump appears to be slightly different. Different clocking, banjo connectors. Looks like a slightly modified/updated CP3 or perhaps it's a modified CP-ISB21 to fit the 19-20 trucks. All just a SWAG based on images I've seen of all three pumps (CP3, CP-ISB21S3, recall pump).
I did not realize when I got my 2019 that it had the CP4. I was like why would they do that with all the past problems on other trucks. My 2001 had the VP44 and my
2006 the good old CP3. With your post it would seem maybe a modified version of the new pump to fit up.

Registered
One thing I noticed since the recall came out....no new failures posted...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
One thing I noticed since the recall came out....no new failures posted...
Maybe they make the failure owners sign a non post statement so they get a new CP3 version. If u do not sign than u get a rebuilt CP4. Lol 馃槀

21 - 35 of 35 Posts