Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Laramie Sport,4x4,HO,LB, Dually, 4:10, AirSuspension,Tow Package,12 inch display
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the issue that is causing an engine recall of some S/N? On another note I just spent over an hour trying to find my data plate, can someone post a pic of where exactly it is? Unless I Jack truck gotta look from top side and I have the duel alternator. Getting under the hood of this beast makes me miss my 2006. At least my son now has that and loves it.

·
Registered
2020 3500 HO 4x4 SRW CCLB
886 Posts
I don't think anyone is going to know until more details come out.

The list of HPFP and engine numbers is a preliminary communication. Some owners have received recall notice that were not in the numbers range.

The current best guess is the HPFP and engines will be inspected and any engines suspected to be contaminated/damaged due to previous HPFP failure or metal debris in the HPFP strainer/filter could be up for replacement.

I think at this point, any assumptions are speculation at best.

Reactions: sstoner911

·
Registered
2019 Laramie Sport,4x4,HO,LB, Dually, 4:10, AirSuspension,Tow Package,12 inch display
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can someone please post a pic or tell me where the engine data plate is located. I have been all over with a mirror from top side. I am curious if my engine is on the engine replacement list that is on HPFP recall.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Can someone please post a pic or tell me where the engine data plate is located. I have been all over with a mirror from top side. I am curious if my engine is on the engine replacement list that is on HPFP recall.
It's a lot easier and more accurate to:
Check for recalls

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
John,
I have the app that shows my recalls. The one for the HPFP also list engine serial numbers that are being recalled. We all have the same generic recall info. Official notice has not been released yet. I just want to check my engine S/N and see if it is on the list that was put out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Data plate is on the breather cover

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Data plate is on the breather cover

Not on the 2019. There is a data plate on block on left side but the numbers I see are not even like the recall numbers. I am surprised that by the vin they cannot pull up serial numbers. I had to call Ram to get my last oil change extended. They told me I got two recalls wheel studs that are in stock and HPFP. Told them when pumps are in I will schedule. They said dealer will need to determine if motor is a recall also.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not on the 2019. There is a data plate on block on left side but the numbers I see are not even like the recall numbers. I am surprised that by the vin they cannot pull up serial numbers. I had to call Ram to get my last oil change extended. They told me I got two recalls wheel studs that are in stock and HPFP. Told them when pumps are in I will schedule. They said dealer will need to determine if motor is a recall also.
It's on the top of the breather cover. Is it a pickup or cab chassis? If cab chassis it should be on the top of the valve cover behind the breather cover

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's on the top of the breather cover. Is it a pickup or cab chassis? If cab chassis it should be on the top of the valve cover behind the breather cover
The number on my cover is the engine part number. The engine S/N as per Mopar is a plate on the block.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The number on my cover is the engine part number. The engine S/N as per Mopar is a plate on the block.
Take a picture, ESN should be on a sticker on the breather cover with an 8 digit number starting with 5

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Tire

“Engine no” on the tag on the breather. That is your esn

For warranty purposes, they would verify the block stamping most likely, especially if it’s one that’s a candidate for a new engine. They aren’t going to go by the esn that’s on a removable part

Reactions: justhalc

·
Registered
886 Posts
I think I got the ESN when I registered the VIN on Cummins.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think I got the ESN when I registered the VIN on Cummins.
What do u mean when u registered the VIN with Cummins? Is there a website that you register your truck?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
View attachment 941884
“Engine no” on the tag on the breather. That is your esn

For warranty purposes, they would verify the block stamping most likely, especially if it’s one that’s a candidate for a new engine. They aren’t going to go by the esn that’s on a removable part
I have numbers on my cover to but they told me it was on the block and would be dealer verified. I could see e bay selling recall covers for 5k.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have numbers on my cover to but they told me it was on the block and would be dealer verified. I could see e bay selling recall covers for 5k.
If you know the history of your truck and the breather cover hasn't been replaced by anyone other than a RAM dealer, the number on the breather will match the block

·
Registered
886 Posts
What do u mean when u registered the VIN with Cummins? Is there a website that you register your truck?

Rectangle Font Parallel Magenta Software

·
Registered
886 Posts
As posted on another forum, *alleged" recall kit.

Cameras & optics Automotive design Machine Gas Auto part

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

Reactions: rickk33

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got the official recall in mail today. Tried to sign up for parts notification. The vin is already on the form but it says not 17 numbers. It is 17 numbers web site is screwed up.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts