Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions as I'm seriously considering it for MPG benefits...

What size tanks do you have? I was thinking of a standard BBQ tank and fabbing up some brackets to mount it in that space outside of the frame in front of the rear tire by the fuel filler neck. That way I can remove the tank when getting it refilled. (in order to avoid road tax, hey it's for my BBQ!) But I'm wondering how long the standard BBQ tank will last running 1-2 psi of propane.

With a Hobbs switch set to 2 or 3 psi is it safe to run in city driving?

If I don't have an intake with tapped openings, where can I put the Hobbs switch for boost pressure?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
im wondering the same thing

·
Registered
168 Posts
Here are a couple of articles that explain how and where to put things, Hobbs, etc. I would be careful where you mount the tank due to collisions. Remember the pinto and the GMC that had the fuel tank mounted outside the frame rails.

Diesel Injection

TheDieselStop.Com - www.thedieselstop.com

Just mount the Hobbs where you would mount a Boost gauge on the intake horn, intake manifold. You can get a boost bolt off of ebay cheap and then it is easy from there. I built a setup on my 93 Dodge and am going to build another one for my 2000. I used a propane tanke off an old propane powered farm truck. I wish I would have kept it. Yes I had to pay the tax but it is cheap enough when you are saving fuel and gaining power:peelout

Good luck!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts