Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out a way to get movie files, mpg or avi, etc... to play from a USB drive....

if anyone knows please help

Kenwood says not supported but wondering if a way....

·
Registered
38 Posts
I also have the 8120 and talked to a Kenwood Rep about this problem. As of right now, no movie files can be played from an USB drive. At a later date, the firmware will possibly be updated to support this feature.

For now I just use my Ipod for movie files.

Charlie

·
Registered
454 Posts
For those of you who have this unit, how do you like it? I am torn between this one and the Z2/Z3 Pioneers.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
I have the Kenwood in my personal truck and the Pioneer in one of our other trucks and I like the Kenwood.
Just my opinion
Shane

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am looking to buy this head unit. I am just wondering how hard it is to install, and what else I would have to purchase to wire it into an 08 mega with the infinity sound system.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
The infinity sound system is no different, except it has an Amp and more speakers, you have to hook the stock amp turn on wire to the radio power wire, so when you turn on the truck the amp comes on as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does the head unit fit in the stock dash bezel? I only have the 6 disc changer

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
You have to get the install kit but as far as i know it should, you may need the nav bezel though, i did, but i dont have that radio your looking at.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the Kenwood DNX 7120 which is a step down from the 8120. I did not want the bluetooth for the cell phone. I have had no problems except for not being able to play movies from my portable hard drive.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was told you order the bezel from the bigger radio with out the knob cut outs and its a cleaner fit.
I also changing my radio I'm needing a separate AMP output to run my 12" million amp speakers in a box in the back seat area plus I pod and hand free phone.
Nav will be OK too and DVD's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts