Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Anyone use 3-cylinder high idle?

7774 51
My neighbor works for Cummins and I was going to have him setup 3-cylinder high idle for me.

I live in MI so it's cold in the winter. Just wondered if anyone else uses it or likes it.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Rescue Tower
11,012 Posts
Hardly ever idle, but when I do it's high ilde. 3cyl only when it's really cold, usually so cold that when it tries to kick off it will almost kill the engine, or revert back to high idle.

You do understand the temperature requirements? It's not something you just turn on.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I understand it does it on its own. What weather temps do you usually see it kick on?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, the switch sounds like a logical idea. I'm assuming there's a bit of a how to thread kicking around here right?

And even with the switch, do you you still need it activated?

·
Registered
331 Posts
well it was till MoparMan took it down.

Yankneck is coming out with a prebuilt switch. Im sure its gonna be a nice piece. just use the search button and youll find it.
:agree2: ....go to DAP website...the kit is being sold on there... nice username btw :thumbsup:

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,034 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reactions: Nicks24valve

·
President of the 509
8,377 Posts
Great, so instead of telling us how to do it we now have to buy it?

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Umm those two guys who i believe put this kit together share tips and knowledge with us every day , thus saving us all allot of money and time . tenfold whatever the kit sells for . If in fact they are making a few bucks on a kit , ain't no ing from Me.
24hrsparkey

·
President of the 509
8,377 Posts
Umm those two guys who i believe put this kit together share tips and knowledge with us every day , thus saving us all allot of money and time . tenfold whatever the kit sells for . If in fact they are making a few bucks on a kit , ain't no ing from Me.
24hrsparkey
I understand getting paid for pre made kits, as most people don't have the time or skill to build a set up like this. However I do not understand removing the DIY thread, if it has indeed been removed

·
Registered
66 Posts
I understand getting paid for pre made kits, as most people don't have the time or skill to build a set up like this. However I do not understand removing the DIY thread, if it has indeed been removed

I know moparman had it on his website for quite awhile before he took it down. I think it was on here for awhile as well. As for them taking it down, that is their choice.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,034 Posts
When you and your partner(s) are in the process of filing a patent its kind of tough to leave the designs out in the public. Hopefully you can understand.

·
President of the 509
8,377 Posts
When you and your partner(s) are in the process of filing a patent its kind of tough to leave the designs out in the public. Hopefully you can understand.
I was not aware you were trying to patent it, best of luck

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
Are the kits available yet or still be in ordered

·
Registered
11 Posts
^^ Availability still shows pre-order option only on the DAP website.
Cold weather is here in NY, I really would like a high idle setting this winter I hope its on the market soon

·
Just Another Slow VP
5,247 Posts
I built mikes high idle bomb back in the day before all this. Easy to do and works awesome.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.