Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to impose something on my truck to get some visuals of what the lines will look like if I go down this rabbit hole. I don't want to invest the money without having a general idea of what the look will be.

I can imagine this should be pretty simple for someone with decent editing skills in those type of image editing programs.

We can either chat on this thread (maybe it will be useful for someone in the future?) or can just DM me as it will be specific to my setup anyway...thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I'd like to think I have decent Photoshop skills. What type of visual are you looking for exactly?

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd like to think I have decent Photoshop skills. What type of visual are you looking for exactly?
I have a photo of my truck head on, I'd like to impose (or superimpose?) a grill from a different year onto it. I have the images already. I have an aftermarket bumper on the truck I just welded up so I'm thinking of using a different year grill to give me a bit of clearance in a couple locations.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Sounds pretty straightforward. If you will attach the images of your truck and grille to your next post, I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds pretty straightforward. If you will attach the images of your truck and grille to your next post, I'll see what I can do.
I'll shoot you a PM

Reactions: tryNto

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FWIW to anyone, I was wondering what a 06-09 grille would look like with my setup. I've seen them on trucks that still have the 04 bumper but since I'm running an aftermarket bumper that claims to be for 02-08, I wanted to see how the combo would look before potentially pulling the trigger.

Reason being, driver side corner of my current grill is just a bit close to the bumper that when I shut it forcefully, it makes a slight bit of contact with the bumper. When it's latched though, there's clearance so they don't touch. It's just the heavy light bar integrated into the grill makes it really wobble if the hood is slammed shut. Was a non issue with an OEM bumper though.

Current setup:

Photoshopped 06-09 grill on there:

Thanks @2002CTD for taking the time to do this. I think I'm going to spring for the 06-09 grill because it will give a bit more clearance at the corners. I'll scoot the bumper up a tad, the small gap at the corner doesn't bother me one bit.

·
Registered
775 Posts
@krashDH , like that grill! have a link for the source?

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@krashDH , like that grill! have a link for the source?
The light bar grill or the photoshopped one?
If the light bar one, I don't have a link to it, but it was made by Evolution Grills. Not sure they're in production anymore.

·
Registered
775 Posts
The light bar grill or the photoshopped one?
If the light bar one, I don't have a link to it, but it was made by Evolution Grills. Not sure they're in production anymore.
Thanks for the fast response.

Referring to the " raptor like" ...

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts