Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my Avic D3 head unit, and am considering a system. My good friend, who works at a JL dealership, wants to put a single 10" W3 in my truck. I just want to know how loud you think it will be? I like systems where people can hear you coming from a distance, but am afraid that the single 10" might not be enough.

·
Banned
706 Posts
I just installed my Avic D3 head unit, and am considering a system. My good friend, who works at a JL dealership, wants to put a single 10" W3 in my truck. I just want to know how loud you think it will be? I like systems where people can hear you coming from a distance, but am afraid that the single 10" might not be enough.
Had JL W4's in my 95. Two 10"s will be what you want to go with bro. W4's have a bigger magnet. :thumbsup

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
You wont need a ton of JLs. The put out great sound. Put the right power to 1 and it will be plenty in a truck. I have 1 - 10" in a sealed box in the wife bug and it will be loud enough to get you out of the car as well as stay clear.

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
tell your buddy to get ya 4 12s then you will never get it turnd all the way up:thumbsup i have just one 12in total and its prity load in a reg cab so i thank a jl 10 would atlest keep up with my 12. jl has load subs:thumbsup

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have the 10w3 stealthbox on my truck with the 1400D mono amp and it sounds great. It has plenty of sound in the truck, if you want to be heard around the block you have to use more subs, but the single 10" is really enough for me. Just do the one, if it's not enough it's really easy to add!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
How about a JL10 W0 :$:. Its been a while since I've messed with sound systems but last I remember the W0 didn't need alot of air space to hit hard. This is more for a truck if you don't have to much space. I beieve it was also used in competitions for trucks. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts