Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey wondering if anybody was running a banks intercooler, was thinking about buying one, and wanted to see how they are preforming.

· Recovering Post Whore
732 Posts
Hey wondering if anybody was running a banks intercooler, was thinking about buying one, and wanted to see how they are preforming.
Yes, I have it on my "09" 5500 and could not be happier! I am running some BETA tunes for H&S and I can't get my EGT's over 1200 deg no matter how hard I try!! It's a nice unit.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you running the 175 tune?

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What were your temps like with the stock intercooler?

· Recovering Post Whore
732 Posts
I'm only allowed to say it's more than 120! I couldn't tell you about the stock cooler because I replaced it before I drove the truck! My 09 had the new "thin" cooler and I had no intention of my truck ever running hot. I did my deletes and add ons all with 19 mi. on the truck because I knew I never wanted this thing to do a single regen! And to date it is still at 0 regens!!

· Registered
104 Posts
i have the banks and it didnt do anything at all a waste of money i would go with a bd power intercooler of ats diesel has a nice one sub-zero

· Premium Member
686 Posts
I have a banks intercooler and banks intake and I could definitely feel that it was pulling a little harder. I do not have a egt sensor so I couldn't tell you what my temp was like before or after the install. I do want to comment that the BD intercooler is Bigger and would probably provide better cooling. Thats my input though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.