Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skyjacker sells a 7.5" lift for the 3500's and I was told that the setup will work for the front end, but I would have to make a custom setup for the rear because it is a dual wheel. Has anyone used this kit on a dually??? Does anyone have pics of a dually on 38's.

· Registered
1,561 Posts
don't know why a dually would be different than than SRW. my 2500 H.O. has the dana80 with overloads just like the dually trucks and the SJ springs worked on mine...
Anyway, I can tell you that 37s clear fine with 4.5" Skyjacker kit. The front gets close (less than an inch) to the fender with SJ +.5" arms, but I don't 4wheel the truck so I have never rubbed. Hope you have 4.10s, that'll bring the effective gear ratio real close to a stock truck with 3.54 gears.

· Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure that I have 3.54's. The bigger tires might allow me to finally use 1st. I don't think that the truck has ever seen a 1st gear start because it is so low on the 6 spds. What you said about the kit working on your 2500 and how it should work on mine makes sense, and that was pretty much my thoughts, but I've been told by a couple offroad shops that there were issues:confused013:. So much hear/say out there that it can screw a guy up pretty quick.

· Registered
3,618 Posts
Im running 37"s with 3.55s & still almost never use 1st gear unless towing or taking off on a steep hill.

· Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

· Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats a damn nice truck. It almost looks like he could go to a 39.5"-40" and not rub with that much lift. Those traction bars that he made are super long. I wonder if the geometry would let a guy get away with something a little shorter than that? Definitely one of the nicer duallys I have ever seen. Wifes not gonna be happy, time for:$:

· Registered
178 Posts
I run 40s and still never use first ,always take off in second second with 3.73s lol but anyways there is no reason the rear part in that kit wont work on yours

· Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I run 40s and still never use first ,always take off in second second with 3.73s lol but anyways there is no reason the rear part in that kit wont work on yours
Thats good to hear. Have you guys used the SkyJacker 7.5" kit?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.