Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Anyone run Napa Gold Fleet Oil....

7595 8
Anyone run the Napa Gold Diesel Fleet oil? Its made by Valvoline and according to the guys at Napa, its pretty popular and they stay sold out of it. It runs about $9 a gallon. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with it?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
453 Posts
As long as it meets specs for your engine you'll not have any problems. Ashland oil company is the maker of valvoline brand and Napa oil. If I didn't have a favorite oil I wouldn't hesitate to run it. There are far more Walmarts and truck stops than Napa stores so Rotella is my oil of choice.
Either way, run it for a while, drop the filter, take a sample and see how it turns out. That is the only way to know for sure.:thumbsup:

· Registered
453 Posts
I would imagine it is similair, if not the same as, Valvoline Blue diesel oil....factory fill I believe??

· Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would imagine it is similair, if not the same as, Valvoline Blue diesel oil....factory fill I believe??
Thats what I was told by the guys at Napa. They even showed me where it was manufactured by the same company as you mentioned. Its supposed to be the same as the Valvoline blue in a different package.

· Banned
293 Posts
its a good oil. but its pretty much just preferance, i run rotella as well. its what the big rigs use.

· Registered
301 Posts
Ok here is my 2cents. If you look on the back of the bottle of oil it has a symbol of a circle. Inside that circle there are different abrebiations. The napa gallon part number 75-122 has the last 2 letters SL. This napa oil is compared to the Valvoline All-Fleet which also has SL. The cummins premium blue made by valvoline ends with a SM. What does this mean?? Well the SL means that it still has zinc diphosphate where as the premium blue does not. Zinc Diphosphate is an anti where agent that was put in oils but later taken out because supposively is bad on cats. Now as for if Valvaline allfleet and napa premium 15w40 is the same, I called Valvoline and asked them if it is the same. They told me that the napa stuff meets the API Standards where as the Valvoline all fleet Exceeds these standards. I think personally that my truck runs smoother on the premium blue, right now I have Valvoline all fleet in it but will be putting premium blue back in it my next oil change in 500 miles.

· Registered
1,002 Posts
I have ran Rotella, Valvoline Premium Blue, Mobil 1, etc....list goes on and one and I cannot tell an difference in the way my engine runs at all. All of them come out looking the same the Rotella just smells bad though I highly doubt it caused any damage just the nature of the beast. Currently I have Premium Blue in it cause it was on sale. I am a firm believer that you just need an oil that meets the specifications set by the manufacture and you need to change it on time every time.

· Registered
2,276 Posts
yer probly rite but everyones got a prefernce....bob is the oil guy website ...has some good reading

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.