Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have talked with one guy on the forum that has this clutch and he really likes it. Just wanting more feed back, it runs about $1800 and looks REALLY well built. This is some of the info I got from SPEC.

"This is a no-maintenance clutch and the flywheel can be re-faced numerous
times. We use a 1pc surface design on these units due to the fact that some
use in in a slipper pull application, so it need to handle extreme heat and
mid 2000 ft bs tq numbers without distortion to maintain good wear life and
drivability. This is a no-maintenance clutch."

I know I've heard that some on here hate the Valair but I think this is the way I'm going to go. Sounds like they are standing behind there product, that and the price is determining my decision. I'm about to call Kevin at K2 and order the PMT, I already have most of the other goodies on the way. Now I need a clutch and an Airdog 150.:peelout

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I have talked with one guy on the forum that has this clutch and he really likes it. Just wanting more feed back, it runs about $1800 and looks REALLY well built. This is some of the info I got from SPEC.

"This is a no-maintenance clutch and the flywheel can be re-faced numerous
times. We use a 1pc surface design on these units due to the fact that some
use in in a slipper pull application, so it need to handle extreme heat and
mid 2000 ft bs tq numbers without distortion to maintain good wear life and
drivability. This is a no-maintenance clutch."

I know I've heard that some on here hate the Valair but I think this is the way I'm going to go. Sounds like they are standing behind there product, that and the price is determining my decision. I'm about to call Kevin at K2 and order the PMT, I already have most of the other goodies on the way. Now I need a clutch and an Airdog 150.:peelout
Never mind, read the title wrong:thud:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I'm interested too so bump...

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Well I have a Valair and Would recommend it to anybody. I installed a South Bend DD in another truck this weekend and have to say that product is good as well. I dont think you can go wrong with either of those 2.

As far as the SPEC clutch i havent heard anything about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts