Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Anyone replace a steering wheel?

962 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Crude
I had my truck in last week to fix an issue with the climate control fan. Obviously they had to pull the whole dash apart and that was something I didn't care to do. I got the truck back and the steering wheel has a gouge in the back of it. The steering wheel isn't perfect but it's irritating to run my hand over the spot and so I'm going to try and get the dealer to at least install a new steering wheel if I provide the parts.
Question I'm having is where can I find a deal on a steering wheel. I checked ebay and they have some aftermarket wheels with plastic on top and bottom that I'm considering, but I doubt they match the interior on my truck (khaki).
Anyone have some ideas for me?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,917 Posts
I've got an extra toupe wheel sitting in my garage. It's leather with steering wheel controls. Let me know if you are interested.

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wheelskins steering wheel cover from Genos. Kill two birds with one very cheap stone.

Was it the dealer that f'd the wheel up? And, did you go to Stew or Dewey?
It was Dewey. I've called around and best price on a wheel is $200 ish. If I were dewey I'd look at me and think this guy is trying to get a new wheel on us. And being a non-shmuck I don't even want them to pay full cost. If I decide to replace it then I will probably ask them to do the work free of charge.
I also found out that it's illegal to re-cover a steering wheel and was refered to a guy that can retexture steering wheels...but I don't know if that is durable enough and so I'm leaning towards a full replacement. Of course when it rains it pours and my truck was hit at work today, so I may have to choise one or the other from a financial stand point...

btw thanks for the offer on that wheel but I believe khaki is darker then toupe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.