Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
18,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm changing up my truck here this week, have a low profile black tool box, and access tonneau cover that i'll be pulled off possibly tomorrow night. They work great together, but i just put a rack on the truck which pushed the toolbox to far back to work with the tonneau cover, so i'm changing directions on keeping the bed covered since i could use the rack more then the cover. Will make a good deal for someone local, but wanted to offer it to CF folks before the common public. Located in Spokane/CDA, will meet locally, i do find myself traveling pretty often so we could arrange something there as well potentially. Once it's pulled off i'll make an actual FS listing, but figured i'd ask around in the local chapter first just in case someone wanted a deal

2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
18,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's an access. Personally i prefer truxedo. if you want to know why shoot me a text, Truxedo makes them too, but you have to go into a dealer and let them measure it where as access just sends them out, that's why i bought an access as i didn't want to deal with my local truxedo dealer

Also, forgot to mention, i have a full new vinyl top for it in storage, will get to you once my new house is built, it is not currently accessible. And some truxedo clamps, they are much better then the access ones.

2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
18,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Toolbox is a tractor supply one, low profile with buttons on the side. was actually kinda hard to find if i'm being honest. most low profile boxes have the latches on the back so you can't use a cover with them because as with everything, when a manufacturer makes something, they don't consider that someone might want to combo it with something they don't make...

2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
18,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, truxedo is the way to go. I'm actually replacing this set up with a truxedo deuce 2 cover and an underslung box from Truxedo. But if you want one that goes with a toolbox, they want it to fit perfectly because they are perfectionists, so they require it be measured by one of their installers. You can still install it yourself, but you have to buy it through a truxedo installer. Both Truxedo and Access have fully transferable lifetime warranties, and i've used both warranties for different reasons, both are painless. But there are several things i like about Truxedo covers. They are more expensive then access, but they are a bit more refined as well IMHO.

2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
18,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well if anyone wants it, finally got around to putting it up on craigslist

I could possible ship this, but whatever the additional costs are is what you'll pay and i honestly really don't want to ship it

· Bob be Bob
4,531 Posts
Well if anyone wants it, finally got around to putting it up on craigslist

I could possible ship this, but whatever the additional costs are is what you'll pay and i honestly really don't want to ship it
Will that fit a 2006 Ford F150? Asking for a friend who is overseas.

2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
18,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will that fit a 2006 Ford F150? Asking for a friend who is overseas.
Can you fit an orange in your rectum? Asking for a friend who can't poop easily.......

No Mr Fish, it probably won't, but if you want to buy it and see, that's your choice It might fit, but it likely won't fit correctly being that it's not made for it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.