Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a small pile of needs accumulating for an accessory console -- configurable power and a permanent mount for the forward dashcam, Ride-Rite gauge and switch, accessory light switches. Anyone ever see a Gen 4 overhead accessory console that might tuck up aft of the forward upside-down hump, maybe with switch and gauge faces angled left? I've googled without success and I hate to add another fab project to the queue when there are already so many fun things to build....

( The truck's got so many geegaws already there aren't any blank switch locations on the dash or center console. )

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a suspicion that you answered your own question when google didn't find anything. I've yet to see one, short of something someone made
Sure, but I hope I've reached the age where I successfully recognize that all that there is to know isn't in my head! There's always hope I've missed something.

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really. Had no idea. I never use those things on any car, so just ignore them. Still need gauge space for the airbags, however.

Thanks!

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
14,177 Posts
Not sure exactly what you’re looking for, but the homelink buttons can be converted into aux switches.
that is true, you just need to get a wireless button set up that runs on a similar RF. There is a write up about it around here somewhere, pretty easy to do.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Really. Had no idea. I never use those things on any car, so just ignore them. Still need gauge space for the airbags, however.

Thanks!
This is where I put my air gauge.

I have seen some install switches in the headliner, just in front of overhead light mount .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool! Thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
882 Posts
that is true, you just need to get a wireless button set up that runs on a similar RF. There is a write up about it around here somewhere, pretty easy to do.
I'd like to learn more about this, if someone could post a link to the write-up, I'd sure appreciate it.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
2018 Ram 3500 CCLBSRW
14,177 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
2011 Rams had an overhead media console option.. had a fold down flatscreen tv for folks in the back seat to watch DVDs - might be something you could use.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I just want a sunglass holder built in like half the cars out there....
I would love one myself. But most of the vehicles out there that have them don't fit half the sunglasses I have so they are kind of useless. About the only thing they fit is a small wire frame. If you have something like a pair of Costa's or similar they won't fit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.