Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Anyone installed a Console Vault in their 2014?

10480 Views 13 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Raptor83

Has anyone installed a Console Vault (or other brand console safe/storage box) in their MY14 3500?

Here's the one they list for MY13:
Dodge Ram 2500, 3500 Full Floor Console: 2009 - 2013

This threads has some info, but not for MY14.
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2013-general-discussion/610925-gun-storage.html

Console Vault doesn't list a model for a full floor console 3500 MY14. No response to my email yet, will try calling them next.

Thanks.
See less See more
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Thats really cool... Although I am sure it doesn't work with the cd player in there... I mean come on who uses CD's any more? I have no idea why the dealer ordered the CD player?? Waste.
Reactions: 1
Can't believe I'm gonna say this... but have you done a search on here? I know the search isn't even near the best, but there's been a couple threads on this in just the past week.
Can't believe I'm gonna say this... but have you done a search on here? I know the search isn't even near the best, but there's been a couple threads on this in just the past week.
When I enter console vault into the search box, two threads come back.

The one I linked to in post #1 from June 2013, and this one I just started. :S:
I was considering that console vault, but on my 13 model, there is a CD player, and also a USB and SD card console that is in the way.
The picture you have there doesn't look like it shows the double box that we have, so they are probably still trying to design one that goes in the lower large storage bin?
The one for the MY13 full console fits perfectly in a MY14 as long as you don't have the CD player; I have it in mine. I called to verify it works before I ordered and they confirmed it's the same model/item Id: 1028-DR2500

Dodge Ram 2500, 3500 Full Floor Console: 2009 - 2013

They stated the new version for use in full consoles with a CD player is model/item Id: 1047.

Dodge Ram 1500 - 2500 Full Floor Console: 2013 - 2014

Hope this helps!
The one for the MY13 full console fits perfectly in a MY14 as long as you don't have the CD player; I have it in mine.
Awesome, Thanks Raptor. :thumbsup:

Any chance you have a pic of it in the opened and closed position...not the truck console, but the actual steel vault hatch?
I know it will look like the website pics, but the more pics the better.

And any tips for install or is it easy straight forward?
Awesome, Thanks Raptor. :thumbsup:

Any chance you have a pic of it in the opened and closed position...not the truck console, but the actual steel vault hatch?
I know it will look like the website pics, but the more pics the better.

And any tips for install or is it easy straight forward?
No problem! :thumbsup: I don't have any pics right off, but I can try to take a couple later if I get time. But yeah, the website pics are dead on.

As for install tips...it comes with self tapping screws. Mine didn't self tap that well and wanted to make the interior sides of the console bulge out slightly the first time I screwed them in. I backed them out, pre-drilled the marked spots they left, and then put the screws back in. Even doing that, total install was 15-20 minutes I think. They're pretty straightforward directions; I doubt you'll have any trouble!

One you put it in, you'll be very glad you got it! It's well made and gives you peace of mind.
Thanks again Raptor for all the help, very much appreciated.

Two last questions if you don't mind.

Did you go with the barrel keyed lock, the keyless 3-digit, or the keyless 4-digit?

Do you still like/prefer the lock option you chose?
Ordered one for my '13 3 days ago and they said they were backed up until December.
Ordered one for my '13 3 days ago and they said they were backed up until December.
Which model # did you order?
1028-DR2500 keyless 3 combo lock.
Because of the back log they called me and offered the 4 combo lock as a free upgrade for waiting until late December.
I do not have a CD player.
Thanks again Raptor for all the help, very much appreciated.

Two last questions if you don't mind.

Did you go with the barrel keyed lock, the keyless 3-digit, or the keyless 4-digit?

Do you still like/prefer the lock option you chose?
You're very welcome. I went with the barrel key lock; I didn't care for the finger/lift tab sticking out under the combo locks in the pictures. Plus, I have my barrel key on my key ring, so I know it goes with me when I leave the truck. I know it's probably near impossible to do so, but I just don't like the idea of being able to guess the combo. And yes, I'm still glad I went with that option.

FYI, if you do go with the barrel keys, they come with bulky plastic covers on them, but the barrel keys pull right out of them with a set of needle nose pliers and then have a much lower profile on your key chain.

I was also surprised to see with it closed/locked, there was still enough room on top of it to lay some things (like an iPad or something) and close the upper portion of the console. It's nice if you're just running in a gas station for a minute, but don't want to leave it exposed.
Reactions: 2
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.