Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for someone who can help with hopin up my 97 12v I have all the tools and pretty much just need someone with knowledge. Thanks

·
Registered
554 Posts
I dont know much about them, but I Can help ya put stuff on 'em and so forth...ADam (BlackSmokeRacing) is the guy to talk with about the 12V's
Nate

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont know much about them, but I Can help ya put stuff on 'em and so forth...ADam (BlackSmokeRacing) is the guy to talk with about the 12V's
Nate
Do you know how to put fuel plates on?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am a 12v person but I too am learning. If you really want it done right call Tom at Diesel repair & performance. Or, I can give you the name of a diesel mechanic at UPS that can probably do it for you. He will let you help. Does stuff on the side at his house in Castle Rock. Nice guy.

I know a great diesel mechanic in San Antonio but it would be a bit of a drive, about 17 hours each way non stop.

There are some really good write ups on how to do it. Print one out and give it a try. Don't forget the most important part, make sure the wife's car as plenty of gas in it first and a towel on the steering wheel to keep the grease off.:thumbsup

·
Registered
143 Posts
Where are you in Parker? I am over by Jordan and Main Street.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where are you in Parker? I am over by Jordan and Main Street.
LOL Im at Lincoln and Pine Dr. What do you have done to urs. And by the way, I couldnt watch my truck go into that shop. I have seen way to many buddies trucks break from stuff they have done. :lol3:

·
Registered
143 Posts
LOL Im at Lincoln and Pine Dr. What do you have done to urs. And by the way, I couldnt watch my truck go into that shop. I have seen way to many buddies trucks break from stuff they have done. :lol3:
Not much yet. I am in the process of doing a 2 tank veg conversion. I have only had the truck for a couple of months. It is bone stock. I got my valves in and I am waiting on the VO controller. I am looking for the second tank. I will most likely use an RCI 17 gallon and put it along the side of the bed between the wheel well and front of the bed.

If you want more power Tom will do it. Like I said I do know a mechanic for UPS that lives in Castle Rock.

I drove a 6.5 TD before getting the Dodge. I have a pretty good understanding of that engine, still learning about the Cummins.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not much yet. I am in the process of doing a 2 tank veg conversion. I have only had the truck for a couple of months. It is bone stock. I got my valves in and I am waiting on the VO controller. I am looking for the second tank. I will most likely use an RCI 17 gallon and put it along the side of the bed between the wheel well and front of the bed.

If you want more power Tom will do it. Like I said I do know a mechanic for UPS that lives in Castle Rock.

I drove a 6.5 TD before getting the Dodge. I have a pretty good understanding of that engine, still learning about the Cummins.
Yeah. Tom blew up my buddies ford. He tuned it and it was running to lean and fried. But how does ur buddy at ups do.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I work with his wife and mother in law. Have met him socially. He is supposed to be a good mechanic. They said he likes to have people come and help with their vehicles. I think they said he has been a diesel mechanic at UPS for 10 years.

If you can wait until the next get together, I am pretty sure there will be enough people that can figure it out.

If you have ever talked to Tom, he does not much care for PSDs. He is a Cummins guy all the way.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I work with his wife and mother in law. Have met him socially. He is supposed to be a good mechanic. They said he likes to have people come and help with their vehicles. I think they said he has been a diesel mechanic at UPS for 10 years.

If you can wait until the next get together, I am pretty sure there will be enough people that can figure it out.

If you have ever talked to Tom, he does not much care for PSDs. He is a Cummins guy all the way.
yeah he just wants a ton of money. I may have to hook up with ur ups buddy

·
Registered
143 Posts
I sent you an IM on who to talk to.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just wanna know where the best place to start is got a k&n fipk kit doing exhaust soon then not sure ?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i dont know 400 maybe

·
Registered
232 Posts
The first thing i will suggest is at a minimum getting a EGT gauge. Then from there its a matter of money you can get a good bit of power for free. But to get to 400 its gonna cost you a little bit. For starters you can slide the plate forward or get a new more agressive plate and thatll help alot. then you can get the GSK kit. The list goes on from there. What kind of tranny auto or manual?

Adam

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
auto im talking to someone about buying a 0 plate and i already have a full set of gauges

1 - 20 of 31 Posts