Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for someone in the Houston area that will let me get a detailed look at the cooling system on their 2019-2020 RAM Cummins truck.

Having issues for the second time with the fan shroud getting sucked in on my 2015 and this latest time it trashed the fan and radiator. Wanting to see if I can use the shroud off the newer truck, I've been told the shroud was redesigned.

Or, if some of you guys would be willing to take a bunch of pics of the new shroud and post them here, maybe I can tell just from that.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
6,063 Posts
@The Hulk always likes taking pictures, maybe he can show you enough via pictures to know? i wouldn't mind knowing myself just in case i decide to upgrade the fan shroud when i'm out of bumper to dumper in a couple months. Or maybe @Jimmy07 might have the knowledge to know if it's a relatively direct swap

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
@The Hulk always likes taking pictures, maybe he can show you enough via pictures to know? i wouldn't mind knowing myself just in case i decide to upgrade the fan shroud when i'm out of bumper to dumper in a couple months. Or maybe @Jimmy07 might have the knowledge to know if it's a relatively direct swap
It will take me a few days, I dropped my truck off to get it ceramic coated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will take me a few days, I dropped my truck off to get it ceramic coated.

Thanks, but don't go out of your way, I think I'm going to go down to town and look at one on the dealer lot.

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, went down to the nearest dealer and looked at a 2020.

Fan shroud design is much better, solves the issues with the previous generation, but I can't see any way it will work on mine.

So, thanks anyway guys.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
6,063 Posts
darn, i was hoping they managed to do it in a manner that could be applied to the early 4th gens

·
Registered
251 Posts
When did they change the design? Or do all 4th gens have the potentially troublesome shroud?

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When did they change the design? Or do all 4th gens have the potentially troublesome shroud?

All the 13-18 are the same, 2019 was when they changed, along with the new front end design.

·
Registered
251 Posts
All the 13-18 are the same, 2019 was when they changed, along with the new front end design.
I assumed my 2018 could have the same issues at some point. You put a ton of miles on yours so I’m hoping I’m years away from seeing it become an issue...

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I assumed my 2018 could have the same issues at some point. You put a ton of miles on yours so I’m hoping I’m years away from seeing it become an issue...

But, the latest one(this is the second one to go bad) has only been on there about 8 months and about 50K miles.

I filed a complaint with the NHTSA over it, may not go anywhere though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts