Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone hear anything about the bottom of the K&N's coming off and sucking into the turbo? There was one at the stealership I went to on Friday. Don't know if it was from a defective filter or from it being super dirty. Anyways, if anyone wants one, I will sell you the one i took out of my truck pretty cheap!:rof

· Registered
3,180 Posts
I have ran em on few trucks and have 1 now but iam swapping to a afe filter

· Registered
1,701 Posts
I have about 150k miles between this truck and my last one both with K&Ns and i have never had 1 single problem.

· Registered
112 Posts
I have about 50k miles with this truck and 170k with my previous truck and no problems.

· Registered
4,445 Posts
I had an issue where the K&N filter would detach from the intake tube - allow raw air (dirt) to be sucked in. K&N replaced the unit and I caught it quick enough that no known damage was caused.

On my old Durango, my K&N cracked where it attached to the intake manifold and also allowed dirt/debris to enter. Again, K&N took care of it, but both instances are keeping me from going back to another K&N solution.

· Registered
708 Posts
Will never run a K&N filter. Hold one up to the light, see all those holes, yeah there is a reason they say they filter better when they get dirty, the dirt pluggls the holes!!!

now do the same with a paper, no holes...

· Registered
91 Posts
I read somewhere on this forum that Cummins will not warranty an engine that has been running a K&N filter. Don't know if that is fact or not but, as far as me, I would never use a K&N on my truck!!!:badidea:

· Registered
409 Posts
The true questions is if the Filter is to blame, will K&N cover costs to repair the truck and provide a replacment filter???

· Registered
59 Posts
I had a K&N for about 10k miles. For some reason I kept getting CEL's with it in but not one single time in 92k miles without the filter have I had a CEL. So, based on my experience I'm going with the thought that K&N is no bueno in my pickup.

· Registered
695 Posts
My truck came with it.. 103k miles and does fine.. im planning on going to S&B sometime soon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.