Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you seen a CEL with your Edge clearing codes at startup. I have a code P0472 even with the Edge. The Edge reads Engine Exhaust Pressure Low Sensor 1. I have also seen my Engine temps rise to about 210-215 when idleing. Is this normal ? What would you all suggest.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Have any of you seen a CEL with your Edge clearing codes at startup. I have a code P0472 even with the Edge. The Edge reads Engine Exhaust Pressure Low Sensor 1. I have also seen my Engine temps rise to about 210-215 when idleing. Is this normal ? What would you all suggest.
Sound like your particle filter is pluged up, time to see the dealer for a manual regen.

·
Premium Member
8,550 Posts
just drive the heck out of it on the highway or free way to heat up the exhaust to burn everything out, if you know some one with a power pup then borrow it and use the mobile desoot function to clean it out, all else fails strait pipe it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kinda what I thought. Bit worried about taking her in to the dealer with the Edge temp guage drilled in the side of the exhaust manifold. :$: What is the exposure to not fixing it immediately? Thinking of BADP but would like to wait for Code free.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Kinda what I thought. Bit worried about taking her in to the dealer with the Edge temp guage drilled in the side of the exhaust manifold. :$: What is the exposure to not fixing it immediately? Thinking of BADP but would like to wait for Code free.
Could buy an Insight and hook it to your thermocoupler. :thumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts