Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2019 2500 that shows a factory bed step on the window sticker but the dealer had removed it as part of the recall prior to me ever looking at the truck. They told me that I would be contacted by FCA once the replacement was available. My question is has anyone here actually had theirs replaced yet under warranty? I really want to get this installed ASAP to make getting my butt in and out of the bed much more graceful.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered it on my 2020 recently received. During the build process Ram called to inform me the step was on back order and would be delivered to the dealer when available. No indication of a defect or problem with the step assembly was acknowledged by the Ram rep but I would not have expected they would divulge it if there was. The dealer has no expected delivery date at this time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2019 3500 drw HO. When I went to pick it up I asked if it had the step. They showed it to me and then told me it’s on recall and we have to take it off before you can leave. I’m still waiting the replacement.

·
Registered
209 Posts
This explains why I am having such trouble getting one for my 2019.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Interesting. What's the recall actually for? Anyone know?

Last time i was on the NHTSA website, I didn't have any open recalls. If I get super bored, maybe I'll go over there and check it out.

·
Registered
209 Posts
AMP makes one but I'm not going to spend $300.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Bought my 2019 in early March and it came with the step. I saw the open recall but I'm not going to bring it in until they have a replacement because I use that step way more than I thought I would.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts