Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
T-BONE
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at getting some stacks pt on my truck, but I was recently discouraged of doin that because I pull a 5th wheel.... I was told that campers have vented windows and that the smell of diesel will be inside my camper. And my trucks is juiced up and smokes a bit....well alot and I don't want that in my camper. So does anyone have stacks and pull a camper and can tell me if that smell gets in there? Thanks

·
Registered
317 Posts
Some Aussies or Bull Haulers will direct the smoke out, but you will still get dark spots on the trailer most likely.

Zach

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
If you smoke that much it will make a mess of your camper, put a diverter in it and leave the tail pipe for towing,

R-n-R did it to his (very nice) pm him I think there was a write up on it someplace

John

·
Free spirit
2,015 Posts
Here is the article: Grand Rock Stack kit – ROCKS!
It works fine but needs an actuator or lever assembly to enable changing the valve direction without crawling under the truck. Another option might be an electric activated valve but I think you will need two of them. I saw a thread somewhere here at CF that mentioned a company making the valve. Most valves offer "turn out" function. Mine has two valves operating in opposite directions so that either the stacks or the tail pipe is active at any given time. This is not "air tight" but it is very effective for controlling the soot direction.

There is also another member here at CF that fabricated a very good setup himself. Unfortunately I can't seem to recall his screen name. Posting in the MI forum might help to get you his name. He was at a meet & greet not too long ago.

Good luck to ya!

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
That would be SIXINAROW and I think he took his stacks out and his box is for sale.

Thanks for the help there Bill, I could not remember where it was :thud:

John

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
I put in vavle for my stack too. Because some cops know they are illegal in jersey so when I get pulled over about the stacks I flip the vavle and say there not hooked up.:lol3:

·
Free spirit
2,015 Posts
Just curios, why are they illegal in NJ? Is it a muffler thing where they don't recognize the turbo as a "muffler" device?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts