Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im from the Atlantic City region, and im looking to find someone with a Smarty that can also flash the idles onto my 99 3500.

im willing to drive around jersey to get this done.

If anyone is willing to help me out then please post back.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hey I'm looking for the same thing-the dealerships I've gone to have had no idea what I was talking about.

I have an 05 truck and I'm in morris county about 20 minutes north of morristown.

If anybody can help me out that would be much appreciated-and free bump for ya pepsi lol

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey I'm looking for the same thing-the dealerships I've gone to have had no idea what I was talking about.

I have an 05 truck and I'm in morris county about 20 minutes north of morristown.

If anybody can help me out that would be much appreciated-and free bump for ya pepsi lol
your 05 would be easier to find, just start a thread up with 05 in it, i believe that from 02.5-05 the smartys are the same for those years.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hey guys im from the Atlantic City region,
So am I where are you located? I have a Buddy with a Smarty that might be able to help you out. He has a 2000 or 01. Not sure if that will work on our 98.5's All I can do is ask.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i have one...im in the toms river area
my smarty was on my 98.5 and now on my 02

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the help guys but dslsmoke did it, and i have good news

this morning when i got out of work the truck went into high idle mode, i was so happy! now all i need to do is figure out how Shainer built a single switch fooler, i can't figure out the whole 3 pole switch.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Figured i would update and now with the fooler switches i have ondemand high idle, and im loving every moment of it, except the lost mpg, LOL

·
Registered
53 Posts
what is the fooler switch?

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what is the fooler switch?
It is a set of switches that allows you to control when you want high idle, by fooling the engine into thinking it is colder then it really is you can force either 6 cylinder or 3 cylinder high idle, it helps in the colt to get up to engine temp, which is hard since i work night crew so in the morning when i get out of work the truck isi very cold, and i don't want to risk cracking my block, so i'll high idle her until the vents throw out warm air then i'll drive off.

Here is a link to mopars write up.
High Idle

My brother and i did the splicing soldering and wiring, it was really easy. I recommend you solder all the connection rather then crimp them.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I need to try again to find someone who would do the high idle for me-thats not over 2 hours away :-(.
Regarding these switches you use has anyone made them work on the 3rd gen trucks?

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the guy to talk to is moparman1973, he could better explain it, i would assume so, because the fooler switches fool the engine by telling its colder then it is, so i would think its possible, but who knows.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I think none of them came from the factory enabled. Its up to each dealership to enable these types of features. The feature of honking when in reverse with the door open is another example.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
atleast cummins had the in site to program that into the engine's ecm!!

yea shame dodge never enabled it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i have an 05 with a smarty im in Southampton nj 08088 how far are you from me nj 3500?

·
Registered
591 Posts
You're about an hour south of me Drew. That's a bit further than I was hoping for but maybe it's worth the hike when I have a free day to drive down and back-I'm going to have to think about it.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You're about an hour south of me Drew. That's a bit further than I was hoping for but maybe it's worth the hike when I have a free day to drive down and back-I'm going to have to think about it.
its well worth it, IMO, i trucked 45 mins to toms river to get mine flashed, and i haven't had any issues since.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts