Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told that if someone loaded a smarty onto my trucm and took it off returning my truck back to stock the high idle feature would be enabled on my truck...

Is this true?

And if so is there anyone around the Bardstown/Elizabethtown area that has a smarty that would be willing to do this?

Get back to me and let me know!

Thanks,
Kellen

· Registered
731 Posts
ive got one..mite be goin down to etown this afternoon but not sure yet..ill let you know for sure in a bit

· Registered
165 Posts
That is very true i have done that... its awesome but it does it on it's own you cant make it do it... mine does it only when its really cold...

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only reason I was wondering is because I read you have to have the high idle enabled for the 3 cylinder idle..

What temps would you say your truck kicks into high idle? around 30*? ?

· Registered
165 Posts
How do you like them .093 injector tubes I've been wanting them but was told that they are annoying in traffic and driving around town :confused013:

· Registered
165 Posts
around the 20's but it don't 3 cylinder high idle or at least mine don't... I wondered why... i was told that you have to have the smarty installed for that to happen...

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well with my injector tubes and injectors the truck lopes pretty good I dont find it annoying I guess but im used to it already.. Sure does make everyone look when you stop to get diesel or get out of the truck and it sits there and lopes the whole truck rocks slightly, it looks pretty cool but I honestly dont think there is any performance gain with them, but not real sure on that...

· Registered
165 Posts
Sweet that's what i wanted it to do... and if you say its not so bad i will be ordering them soon... :thumbsup: thanks
sorry bout the off subject... Im buying a smarty in a couple weeks can't wait i'll proly buy a quadzilla adrenaline too...
the smarty high idle doesn't make the 3 cylinder high idle happen though it kinda makes me mad cause it is cool as hell to watch

· Registered
165 Posts
I couldn't do that Thanks for the offer though that's cool of you... I just cant do things like that

· Registered
731 Posts
ok i never made it to etown been takin out hay in the rain all day..but are you anywhere close to bardstown at the moment? gettin ready to head over to t&t to get a couple things..give me a call or text at 270-699-622three..

· Registered
731 Posts
well hell..after i sent that message i left and went over and sent a text to your phone # on the list but if sprint has your phone i guess you never gotit..planning on going back through btown tomorrow..going to the flea market and meetin a buddy to get a quad box and sell some trac bars..maybe we can meet up on my way over there..planning on goin over a little before 12 tomorrow but ill check with you before on here..

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey! Thanks for meeting me the other night.

Just went outside and started the truck, it idled for a minute and then RPM's slowly increased to about 1200-1300 and stayed there!

It works :thumbsup:

Thanks man I appreciate it!! Now maybe my truck will warm up faster on these cold mornings :party018:

· Registered
731 Posts
nop problem! if you ever need any help just gimme a call or text! mite actually be drivin my truck next time..haha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.