Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I live in Abilene...was wondering the same thing.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Theres a few guys from tha Lene' that get on here.

They have been meeting Thursdays at the Kmart parking lot on S.1st @ 7:00pm to meet and go grab something to eat.

Pretty sure they are meeting tonight.

I havnt made it out yet but I might try tonight.

·
to destroy and pillage
588 Posts
I'm coming up to Abilene next Friday, so from the locals whats there to do and any good restaurants? I will be visiting a friend on the Air force base and staying with em till sunday.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Depends on what you want to spend restuarant wise. The BeeHive downtown is really good, $30-40 a person, same as Copper Creek, Texas and Logans Roadhouse, same ole.

Night life, there will be a Tx Country band somewhere, Lucky Mule, Firehouse. Everything closes at Twelve and the cops will be there in the parking lots waiting on you. FYI, crazy numbers of DWI's written.

·
to destroy and pillage
588 Posts
Not old enough to drink so thats no biggie. Why does everything close that early??

·
Registered
101 Posts
There are quite a few of us in Abilene. We do meet at K-Mart on South 1st. We have been meeting every Thursday at 7 but we are fixing to start meeting one a month on Thursday at 7. For updates on meetings search Big Country Diesel on Facebook. We would like to have as many diesel heads as possible at every meeting.

·
to destroy and pillage
588 Posts
Id love to meet you guys but im just stay for 2 days, So are the cops that bad there?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not bad as far as speeding, turn signals etc, just DWI, which is hard to complain about but heres a stat they showed on the news a week or so ago.

Lubbock: pop 220,000+ 2010 DWI's=255ish (bars open till 2am)
Abilene: pop 120,000+ 2010 DWI's=645ish (bars open till 12pm)

Like I said its hard to complain about them enforcing that but......ya know.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Maybe you should pull in next time Jamie, instead of driving by..

·
Registered
562 Posts
Maybe you should pull in next time Jamie, instead of driving by..

·
Registered
67 Posts
Maybe u should answer the phone Mitch...........I mean Trevor.....

It was 8 o'clock and there were like 2 trucks there.

Ill make it one of these days

1 - 13 of 13 Posts