Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found a postcard in my mailbox for a class action law suit against Dodge for the #53 block. Offering $500 for loss..

Fix the #53 block

Could be enough for new gauges?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ya I got one in the mail today as well.

·
Registered
731 Posts
proly won't do me any good. sounds like a limited window for it to crack.

·
Registered
380 Posts
$500 bucks is better than a poke in the eye... but not nearly enough to cover replacing an entire motor! At least if the judge rules in favor of the plaintiff, Cummins will have to formally acknowledge their little mistake.

I got a settlement notice but seeing as how I don't have a 53 block this doesn't apply to me. I'm kinda curious as to how these people got my name and address though.

This thread is definitely a bump-worthy thread.

·
Registered
13,651 Posts
Ambulance chasers...........

·
Registered
85 Posts
Same here, wonderin how they got my info...? I have an 01, but no 53 block.
And while $500 is definitely better than nothing, I expected they would offer an amount a bit higher than that...

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
this is why America has turned into a hole.

·
Banned
225 Posts
your have to have the engine model serial number, pics, and the cost of repair.

i replaced mine 3 years ago with a new motor, and scrapped the old one. so the suit wont help me a damn bit.

it only cost me $2500 for the motor. but the $500 would have helped

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
I got one too but mine's a #55.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am thinking they got the names from state registrations / titles. Mine is titled in wife's name and that is how the postcard was addressed.
The lawyers get plantiffs $500 if enough hoops are jumped, and they rake in a few million..

·
Registered
7 Posts
lets see. up to 500.00 for a 4500.00 to 5500.00 fix. just so some obame vote n pos can great richer. wounder why there was nt one on the vp and transfer pumps..
so two lions walk n threw the jungle, one licks the others butt, other one turns and says. what the hec, why did you do that. the licker says. cause i just ate a lawer and needed to get the taste out of my mouth..

·
Registered
128 Posts
The only people who benefit from a class action lawsuit is the lawyers, and after 2 consective years of record profits these low lifes come out to strike. Lift pumps and injector pump failures dont mean nothing. I dont get it !

·
Registered
407 Posts
got one too, no idea if i have a 53 block, too sceered to look, but no crack...

·
Registered
949 Posts
i got one and was getting ready to start a thread on it when i saw this. I got 2 of them from both of my 98s.

Its BS though because it is UP TO $500. You could go through this and after the attorney takes there piece and uncle sam takes his piece you MAY see $100 if you even qualify for the full $500.

Website is www.cumminspickupblocksettlement.com if anyone wants to check it out.

It had to be between 100k and 250k miles and you have to have pictures and receipts.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts