Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bought a Suzuki DR650 to help out with the rising cost of diesel, I still need my truck though to pull my gooseneck and boat, went to the station last night, 7.12 to fill up. 55 mpg, I love it:rof

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
You drive a car or truck, you ride a motorcycle :)
I have been riding for 33 years, mostly Harleys.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I've got a Yamaha R6 I ride to work and for pleasure. I gets like 50mpg if i can keep from twisting the throttle.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I ride a 05 hayabusa. I can get 44 mpg if I keep out of the throttle. still costs $12 to fill up though.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Have a Ducati at the moment....looking at going back to a cruiser for a while....so if anyone wants an 07 800SS Ducati.....its for sale:D

Had an 05 Yamaha 1100 custom....starting to really like the look of the new raiders though....

·
Registered
297 Posts
The "War Dept." and I both ride Road Kings.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm debating one in the near future if prices keep going up through 2009. My good friend just picked up an R1, that thing is nuts. On a road right by me a group stunt rides all summer long and its pretty neat to watch them.

Zach

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sold the GTO 15 years ago to pay for the wedding. I sold my last Harley a few years ago and put the cash into the deposit on the House. I hate to think what I have to give up for the next purchase!!!
It's not that bad though, I have an agreement with the wife that I (we) made sacrifices to get in a better financial position overall when we were young so that we would be safe later on. ITS LATER ON!!!
Now I want an anniversary edition Dyna Wide Glide. I just have to get rid of the toys in the garage first; 75 Baja Bug, 88 T-bird Turbocoupe, 5.0l ford engine I was gonna put in the Miata (Going with the LS-1 and 6 speed instead) then I'll have some room in the budget to put down the deposit.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
ls1 miata huh? thats gunna rip

·
DieselAutoPower.com
7,034 Posts
Daily rider

Main road bike
2004 DL650 Vstrom (45K miles) 50mpg, 5.6 gallon tank, $18-20 to fill up

Other toys
1999 TL1000S (22K)
2000 DRZ435E motard (rebuilding engine)
2000 Derbi GPR 50
1982 Honda MB5

And best of all I'm working on building a diesel bike now!

It's a 1995 EX250 rolling chassis. I'm installing a 10hp yanmar diesel with a comet 500 CVT for the transmission. Others have been built, top speed it only about 60mph. But there's just something nice about 120+ mpgs!

·
Registered
172 Posts
07 nighttrain, ride whenever I can to work. lots of upgrade, and I love the 96" motor:peelout

·
Registered
180 Posts
Was riding a 98 Goldwing, but my wife though I was gettin too old & decrepid to have 2 up on that, so sold it and bought a Honda Magna - 750 4 cyl. Wouln't want to go to the west coast and back on it, but it's a blast around town and just cruisin. Will blow past most 1100's fun, fun, fun.

·
Registered
533 Posts
2004 Kawasaki Vulcan 800..... gets mid to upper 40's most of the time got 60 out of it once... i don't ride it much other than for fun, I alway seem to need my truck and instead of riding home and getting the truck and going back to town I just take the truck.

·
Registered
75 Posts
1996 Kawasaki KLX650R that I got street tagged in Washington State. That thing is neat, rebuilt motor with high compression piston and decked cylinder and head. Fully done suspension, forks by a place out in Mass and rear shock out in WA. And the bruiser Suzuki M109R with 127 hp at the crank from the factory. That thing is a rocket sled. I get a perma grin every time i ride it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Started out on a '70 BSA Lightning back in the day, now on a '95 Road King that I rode to Sturgis and back in 2005. Got the sacred patch there.

·
Registered
105 Posts
2004 Yamaha Roadstar 1700 w/ 40,000 miles on it. When the winds aren't absolutely killing us out here, I ride it to work and do alot of charity rides.

Sold - 2000 Glastron SX170 ski boat. Didn't make any sense owning a boat in the desert!

Other toy;

Yamaha 660 Rhino, Innova mudders, RAIS roosting rhino, Unique rims

1 - 20 of 35 Posts