Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of you guys have converted your srw trucks to drw. If you have what did you do about the rear wheel spacing? I think the axle on the dually is 1-2 inches wider then on a single. What spacers did you use to make the wheels sit out enough to clear?

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,033 Posts
i didn't do it, but my neighbor did. He did a quad cab SB. Looks pretty cool. I asked him what was involved and he said, different wheels, and some spacers. Then he found some fenders in texas, they were fiberglass. Said they came pretty rough so it cost a lot of cash for the body shop to prep and spray them. I asked why he didn't use the mega cab ones and he said way more money and something about them not really fitting this truck. or that he would have had to cut the box. He figured it would have cost him close to 10 grand. but his truck is a 03 but very low milage and trading or buying someone elses truck was not in his best interest. I have been wanting to steal a pic of it, because I think they did a real great job and it looks pretty cool

·
Registered
284 Posts
I used some 2 inch spacers from ebay 3 inch would make it track a lot better

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally got it done I guessed and went with 2" spacers and they were perfect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts