Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has done this. Did you get the stick tested after you did it? I see you can buy the tool online for $20 but is it worth the time to even try it yourself? Is it something that is easier than it sounds to do? Please chime in with experience as I look forward to hearing both sides. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I didnt test mine when i did them. It was pretty easy and i didnt know anything about injectors and it only took me about seven hours and had no problems at the end.

·
Premium Member
6,240 Posts
its very easy to do...the tool make its easier to remove the tips. the actual process of changing tips should only take 30-45 min at most. but getting to an putting everthing back together takes a little while.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Who sells the tool?

·
Northern CA Chapter President
3,325 Posts
ive done it twice, it takes me about 3.5-4 hours :thumbsup:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you put the injector in the tool and then turn it to twist it off? How does this work? Never seen one.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone ever use this tool?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
ddp will loan you a tool you give them $1200 and when you return the old nozzles and tool they refund $400. instruction booklet with it. take your time and keep it clean, as stated the first time will be about 6 hours the second one you do will be 3-4 hours, make sure you have a torque wrench

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! I will keep you posted on how it goes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts