Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

61 - 80 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Would anyone be willing to post a picture of the frame where the radius arm bracket is welded on? I’d like to see if it’s like the previous generation. Thanks.
Any takers?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Did anybody get a chance to compare the driving characteristics on the normal hp motor to the new 1000 tq HO?
I have a Aisin in my current 2014 and it has limited my tuning options to the point where I was probably going to look closer at the standard motor. But my biggest complaint is the dead pedal and throttle response which appear to be much improved on both motors.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Did anybody get a chance to compare the driving characteristics on the normal hp motor to the new 1000 tq HO?
I have a Aisin in my current 2014 and it has limited my tuning options to the point where I was probably going to look closer at the standard motor. But my biggest complaint is the dead pedal and throttle response which appear to be much improved on both motors.
I posted about this in another thread. I test drove both a 68rfe 2500 and a aisin when they first arrived at the dealership by me. I felt the Aisin was noticeably more powerful then the 68rfe. That being said, the 68rfe felt pretty good too. I drove the 68rfe first and was surprised by how well it drove. The aisin felt to me like it pulled harder. I looked down at the speedometer and ws doing around 55 mph in a 40 zone in no time. Both trucks had a tad bit of lag but is improved over the 18's and under. Hope that helps.

Reactions: MileHiGuy

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 19 2500 is sooo much better than my 14 was the tranny shifts better and better throttle response. I dont feel the lag anymore off the line like my 14 had.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
There's some in post 36
Negative. That’s a general picture of the steering from the front. I’m looking for a picture of the frame area where the radius arm mount is welded to the frame

·
Registered
336 Posts
I drove a standard output 6.7 in a 2018 with the 68rfe. It was the strongest pickup I ever drove. Until I drove the HO/AISIN and there was a noticeable enough difference to where the decision was made for me. The funny part was the '18 was a limited mega cab. My Laramie crew Cab was actually cheaper. Ill give up a foot of cab space to get the AISIN plus an 8' bed. Hard to say if it was the extra motor or the Trans. Probably both. But I can say this: I pulled off the freeway because I had a loose tow strap. When I went to get back on, this truck got me back up to 70 shockingly fast and it almost felt like a CVT. It literally never stopped pulling (and pulling hard) all the way up to 90 when I backed off.

Reactions: MileHiGuy

·
Registered
336 Posts
I wonder why no one is talking about how much they paid and what the payment is???:shock:
Sticker was 75,500. I got them down to 65,700. Which is basically Invoice. $6500 down They did key protection and the 8 yr/84000 mile warranty for 990/month. Which is more than our mortgage but I dont regret it even slightly. This thing really is a freight train.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have had my 2019 for a little over a month, had a 2016 Ram 3500 prior. There is a huge difference. Quieter, smoother, more responsive, no vibrations.
Did your '16 have the rear end shake at around 70?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Finally came in yesterday. 35’s from old truck fit but rub a little just ordered thuren kit.
My 295/70/18 fit like a glove (34.7x12). I wondered about 35x12.5

·
Registered
336 Posts
I put these tires on my last truck 6 Mo’s ago. A ‘17 GM 3500 gasser. They were amazing but you could really hear them bite when cornering. Not bad bowl at speed. But when I swapped them on to this ram, they ride like stock. The additional weight plus the beefier suspension makes them quiet around corner and the soundproofing makes them silent at speed. I’ve never had a mud tire do this well in mud and snow.

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
So far I love my 19 3500 longbed Laramie. The only reason I got this truck was because my 16 2500 bighorn was totaled because an idiot hit my parked truck going 70mph. I loved my 16 but this 19 is awesome. I will say however the ride on my 2500 was way smoother with coils fox shocks bigger tires and programmed lower tpms. These 3500s with rear leaf and factory air can't absorb bumps or road impurities for crap. Need to upgrade the shocks and drop the tire pressures with some 35s. Hopefully that will soften things up. So far I have tinted my windows 5% over the factory tint and 20% front and 70% windshield. Also had my bed line-x. Has anyone reprogrammed a 19s tpms yet?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,629 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Other than the transmission issue you just noted, are those Ecodiesels worth a damn when it comes to fuel economy (unloaded, highway miles)?
Sorry I missed the question by such a long period of time. Saw another answer and will echo it.

My Ecodiesel has about 110,000 miles on it. Runs clean with the GDE program shutting off the EGR and DEF sensors. I just use water in that DEF tank and the oil is clean at the 10K oil changes.

Fuel mileage unloaded varies from 25 - OVER 30 mpg, depending on speed and conditions. Went about 300 miles through the Carolinas and North Georgia once time just riding along and showed 33.7 mpg. Can't remember hand calculations as I have an extra fuel tank and if not towing, go in the 1,500 mile range before fueling. Overall, not towing, 28 mpg is typical under most conditions, especially running the interstates at 80 mph. It has been a major mileage upgrade from my previous Cummins.

Sure disappointed the 3:45 ratio is not available on the 2019 Cummins. Making the motor more fuel efficient and then not offering a ratio to match is a real negative to me. I tow a toy hauler that is no more than 7K lbs. Typical usage plus lots of smaller trailers does not need 3:73's.

61 - 80 of 125 Posts