Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
is it just me being inept with the build & price page, or do the new mega cab trucks no longer have a 2wd option?

·
Registered
437 Posts
What kind of rpm does the 2019 run at 70 mph?

Without the 3:45 option, good fuel mileage will be tough on the interstates because of them no longer offering that ratio. I had a Cummins with the 3:72??? or whatever. Hated it as I had to run under 70 mph or the fuel mileage tanked.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Took delivery on 03/29. Replaced 2017 DRW. UPGRADED for the creature comforts as well. Would do a 100x if I had too. One of the best decisions. Yes will take 6-8 weeks depending on your dealers allocation ability. The hard part is the wait! You will not be sorry, rest assured.
Is your new truck quiet compared to your 2017?

Or do you still hear the rep, rep, rep, rep, rep, tic, rep, rep, rep at idle? ( which I like)

·
Registered
33 Posts
2019 engine fan is louder at idle than anything mechanical. At 3000 miles and don’t regret a thing. Took road trip over long weekend, averaged 17.1 mpg @ 80 with 3.73. Wife even complimented that ride was way better than “old” one! Had several family members drive, all were impressed with torque through the rpms. Stop thinking and get one!

·
Registered
788 Posts
2019 engine fan is louder at idle than anything mechanical. At 3000 miles and don’t regret a thing. Took road trip over long weekend, averaged 17.1 mpg @ 80 with 3.73. Wife even complimented that ride was way better than “old” one! Had several family members drive, all were impressed with torque through the rpms. Stop thinking and get one!
Ya I agree it’s a no brainer. The change between 4th gen and 4.5 is astounding.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Thanks. Read around and figured it out a bit. Guessing the 2020's will be the ones with the ZF transmission. I currently have an EcoDiesel with over 100,000 miles and that ZF. SOB has no way to reasonable check the transmission oil level. Will say this, overheated many times because of a faulty Thermal valve, it is still shifting strong with only one fluid change.

May go back to another Cummins so trying to figure things out.

Other than the transmission issue you just noted, are those Ecodiesels worth a damn when it comes to fuel economy (unloaded, highway miles)?

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
I wonder why no one is talking about how much they paid and what the payment is???:shock:

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
I'll believe the HP and Torque figures when I see it on a DYNO, cause no way is it getting that to the ground. Probably a lot closer to 300 HP, and 600 lbft of torque.

·
Registered
788 Posts
i picked mine up last week. upgraded from a 2016. The two trucks are worlds apart. im very happy with my decision.

Is that a Laramie w/ the black interior?
It’s a limited with black interior. I was going to get a Laramie but it wasn’t much more and wow what a difference. I’m very happy with my truck!

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
I guess FCA or Cummins decided to fix “the sound” that was being generated in the 2016-2017 3500 Mega Cabs. There were several that had this issue including yours truly.

·
Premium Member
12,993 Posts
are those Ecodiesels worth a damn when it comes to fuel economy (unloaded, highway miles)?
My best mileage was 29.7 mpg hand calculated. I filled up in Gallup, NM and drove to Pratt, KS on one tank (658 miles). I love the Ecodiesel and look forward to buying the 2nd generation Ecodiesel.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to take the $3,075 dollars (FCA dieselgate settlement money) and put it towards a 2020/2021 Ram 3500 Cummins. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Would anyone be willing to post a picture of the frame where the radius arm bracket is welded on? I’d like to see if it’s like the previous generation. Thanks.

·
Registered
227 Posts
My best mileage was 29.7 mpg hand calculated. I filled up in Gallup, NM and drove to Pratt, KS on one tank (658 miles). I love the Ecodiesel and look forward to buying the 2nd generation Ecodiesel.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to take the $3,075 dollars (FCA dieselgate settlement money) and put it towards a 2020/2021 Ram 3500 Cummins. :grin2:

Well played!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'll believe the HP and Torque figures when I see it on a DYNO, cause no way is it getting that to the ground. Probably a lot closer to 300 HP, and 600 lbft of torque.

This was previous generation i would say the number is close to 370 and 900 on the new HO motor

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
This was previous generation i would say the number is close to 370 and 900 on the new HO motor
I’d buy that.

I realize how scientific a butt dyno is... so that being said my 05 dyno’d at 415/850. At the same weight on the same hills and speed the engine load runs nearly the same at 2000-2200 rpms, in direct. Axle ratio was 3.73 on the 05, and 3.42 on the 18.

41 - 60 of 125 Posts