Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 3/4 ton with a Dana 80 rear. I have the Carli 5 leaf pack added to match the 3" front coils. I run the 10" travel 2.5" Fox smooth body shocks and the rear really sags when I tow. I want to add airbags, but this thing sees action in Baja and other offroad areas and I don't want to sacrifice travel. Additionally, I plan to add a utilty body as this is a Baja Chase truck-which will add more weight.

Anyway, I called Carli and they do not make a kit for my year. They would not sell me the airbags for the later model kit separate or tell me the part number. (A little disappointed with the service/help.) I believe they are Firestones.

I found places online that sell long travel bags separate, but there are a TON of different travel bags and OD's, etc.

Anyone know the Carli Firestone part number? What travel bag should I purchase for max 10" suspension?

·
Registered
220 Posts
i think one up offroad may have a long travel airbag kit for the second gen trucks, not for sure though.

·
Registered
418 Posts
i think one up offroad may have a long travel airbag kit for the second gen trucks, not for sure though.
They do have that in the works Here is a pick of the beta testing truck.I think I may go that way. Spring is here and I am getting closer. I ordered my rear shocks a couple weeks ago. I think they are 2.5'' rebuild able tunable Sway away. I have been working to much to work on the truck . i need to install my inter-cooler my old one is leaking bad.

·
Registered
775 Posts
They do have that in the works Here is a pick of the beta testing truck.I think I may go that way. Spring is here and I am getting closer. I ordered my rear shocks a couple weeks ago. I think they are 2.5'' rebuild able tunable Sway away. I have been working to much to work on the truck . i need to install my inter-cooler my old one is leaking bad.

What rear leafs are you running!? That thing flexes HARD!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Carli has some airbags for ya

·
Registered
418 Posts

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
dick cepek or extreme suspensions as they are now called, makes a nice long arm kit. I had one on my 01 dodge with 7inch skyjacker coils.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts