Cummins Diesel Forum banner

anyone been ripped off by dodge offroad?

40K views 322 replies 83 participants last post by  NCC74656 
#1 ·
Ordered a steering kit from Dodge off-road it was supposed to be shipped in 2 -3 weeks and he said it would probably be the second week it's been 6 weeks now and he has been ignoring my emails so needless to say I will not be ordering anything from that placeagain and wouldnt advise anyone else to, anyone else have this problem?

#2 ·
Most say DOR makes good stuff. Yours is the first complaint I've seen. Have you called?

#3 ·
Wow, thats strange, I've dealt wiith him a lot and sent him a few other people. I have had nothing but quick responses and excellent service. On top of amazing parts. Stand up guy and I'm sure this is a simple miscommunication.

#5 ·
when I delt with Danny it was quick service and fast shipping. of course that's before his business grew a few hundred percent and I don't think he hired much help. Im not sure whats going on with him but yours isn't the first post ive seen about missed ship dates and no response from him. People have always gotten their stuff though.

Maybe try contacting him on his forum

#6 ·
You're not the first I've heard of having contact/timliness of shipping issues. There was a thread about 2-3 weeks ago with the same complaint.

I would guess he's just backed up based on the plethora of positive reviews up until recently.

Not really an excuse, but I wouldn't expect you're going to get screwed.

#8 ·
You do realize Danny is a one man band right? I have been talking with him for the past few days about my order, btw I have given him almost $2500 and that was two months ago. I am not worried at all Danny has been staying up to 4 AM trying to get orders finished and shipped out.

The way he works is builds all the steering parts at once, then control arms or whatever he has. He doesn't build each order as they come in.

I felt like I should help clear things up and stand up for Danny as he has been getting bashed on, not saying you are. Also the more people keep bothering Danny the less time he has to work, delaying shipments and so forth.

Reactions: Loki223
#10 · (Edited)
No offense, but that's a cop out.

I'm sure he's a great guy and I'm positive he makes a great product, but if he can't keep up with orders and communications he needs to hire someone. Or, not promise items in a timeframe he can't meet.

There isn't any excuse for not returning an email or phone call after taking someone's money and not delivering in the time quoted. That's just extremely poor customer service and business conduct.

I guarantee you he will eventually lose potential business from this type of handling.

EDIT:
I also believe there is no excuse for not picking up the phone and calling before posting criticism. So, in his defense, he may have not gotten an email, spam filters can be erroneous. Phone calls are much more effective than email, IMHO. I doubt he's 'ignoring' your email, OP.

#11 ·
How am I supposed to call there's no phone# he had no issues emailing before the 3 weeks now it's been six and hasn't been returning emails I asked before I ordered how long it would take because my truck was down and yes I wanted parts from there becausethey seem like some of the best but If this is how it is then I won't be ordering from there anymore hire more people if it's that busy now he's off for two weeks and was gone for the sema show so wtf? I don't I'm just letting other people know it might happen just pissed because if he would've justbsaid it will be like 2 months before it can get there I would have got it from somewhere else What's his phone #?

#12 ·
The whole point is I had to order from another company and don't need it from him anymore so now I need my 1000$ back or the part which I don't need and will have to resell it's just Bs just giving Pete a heads up

Reactions: 2500redram
#13 ·
Don't think they are a vendor on here... but in my experience there is always more to the story. So until I know both sides I'll still order from him. I also base my decisions on posters ability to punctuate, capitalise, or structure a sentence.

#14 ·
Don't think they are a vendor on here... but in my experience there is always more to the story. So, until I know both sides I'll still order from him. I also base my decisions on a poster's ability to punctuate, capitalise, or structure a sentence.
You forgot an 'a', a comma, and an apostrophe. :thumbsup:

I'm just messing with you.

#15 ·
Not here to argue with you, just giving people a heads up, do whatever you want I really don't give a

#16 ·
Anyone have the phone # for Dodge off-road? What company doesn't have a phone #? Lol

#21 · (Edited)
All my opinion, obviously, but if you've got a guys money he should be able to pick up the phone after 6 weeks of waiting and get ahold of you to see where his order is.

I still think this is probably an isolated incident, but again, its not the first I've seen of guys unable to contact that company.

I had planned on ordering but am going to go a different direction, probably no skin off the companies back, but it's still lost business that could have been prevented with good customer service.

And for what its worth, those '3' forms of communication are really only one: the internet.

#20 ·
I ordered springs and control arms from him, took some time on shipping, I got my control arms on time and I had to call about the springs, he had to take a couple extra days on those but got them to me.
That said it is a real small shop and calling is definitely the best way to get a hold of him. I had real good luck with DOR and have sent a couple other people that way. The guy knows his $hit and I'd rather give him business than some big company like skyjacker or something.
It definitely takes a while to ship don't get me wrong, but a lot of parts either have to be made by him or parts need to be ordered. It's a small time shop working on getting bigger, just call the guy if you have any issues.

#23 ·
I had to wait 2-3 months for my long arms with not the best communication. It was worth the wait but at the time I would have been happier had I known about the lead time prior to purchase. I wish Danny the best of luck and he does quality products for trucks that have not been sold new in a decade.

Most people that are happy with a product will not post and thus there will be a skewed sample of complaints.

#24 ·
Still no contact although they are closed for Two weeks, tried calling thanks for the # but no answer. His producT's do seem to be amazing but he shouldn't lie to People just to get business, what I ordered says it will be shipped in 10 business days not 40 especially without replying or contacting me and i specifically asked before i ordered how long it would take ,im pretty pissed ,he needs to hire ,more people, what kills me is the Monday after the tuesday when I ordered it was processing and in welding! Guess it takes a few months to make a few bends and weld the inserts for Hiems! Oh well not to worried I'm over it the bank can deal with it if it comes to that

#25 ·
I found this thread searching for other people having issues with DOR's shipping times. I ordered a steering box brace back in AUGUST and still haven't received anything. We've sent a few emails back and forth, though he only responds to 50% of my emails. I understand he's busy, but my truck is becoming more and more un-driveable due to the slop in the steering... Hopefully the brace will be worth the wait...

#26 ·
He never responded and I ended up buyin what I needed somewhere else because I couldn't wait for it he said 3 weeks which was the most I could wait it's been 2 months so I just called my credit card company and told them what's up, the bank gave me my money back and they are going aftet him for the loot , hope you get it man if not call the bank theyll settle it for you ! Its a shame though looks like hes got some good stuff but its no good if you dont get it!

Reactions: BramanteCummins
#27 ·
My order is also taking longer than expected. Got the steering brace, track bar and control arms. Made my order at the end of August and it's now dec 1st and haven't seen a thing yet, when the lead time for my parts was 4-6 weeks. I can understand he's a busy guy, and have been quite patient. But I'm also in the same boat as most of you and waiting isn't always an option.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#28 ·
Wish I'd have found this thread BEFORE I dropped $800 with this business. One month and counting (on a ten day turnaround) and no response to emails since the order.

#29 ·
I for one do NOT like this kind of nonsense. EVERYONE on this forum should BOYCOTT this company. Absolutely no excuses for this!

#31 ·
That's what happened to me he stopped responding to emails right after the 3 weeks to shipping time was up, oh and don't forget he went to the sema show for a week! Then took a week off for Thanksgiving when he's probably got a 1000 orders to pump out, and says that current orders are still being shipped as normal! thats bull! how can you lie to customers ? When PeOple order something they usually need it Lol, sorry but you don't get holidays and free time when you have your own business I know I don't get free time if I'm backed up at work! I wouldn't advise anyone to order anything from there but if you don't care that it takes a year to get it then by all means!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.