Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Anybody Running 62/68/14?

2205 Views 16 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  mathews8pt
I haven't heard anything bad about this turbo but I just want to be sure it's right for me. If you're running this turbo please list your other mods and what your egt's are cruising and max with everything on kill.
I would also like to get the same info if anybody out there is running a different 62 with 150hp injectors. Thanks.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I'm just worried about dropping $$ on a turbo that I won't be happy with. I'm not sure if a 65 would be too small and a 71 would be too big?

· Banned
1,018 Posts
I guess I'm just worried about dropping $$ on a turbo that I won't be happy with. I'm not sure if a 65 would be too small and a 71 would be too big?

then split the difference, 68

· Registered
6 Posts
Unless you are planning on running 150 or larger injectors don't go any bigger than a 64, all you will get with anything larger than a 64 is alot of smoke trying to get up to speed as you will not have enoug fuel to spool it up quick enough. what mods do you have? i am running a 64 and drive it everyday.

· Registered
6 Posts
what mods do you have done? I'm running a 62, unless you are going to run 100hp injectors or bigger 64 is not going ot help, just going to make alot of smoke. let me know what you are looking to get out of the turbo you want to buy.

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I want to be able to put my Juice on 5 and keep my foot on the floor for enough time that I can pass a couple of cars on the highway (30 seconds or so). I would also like to be able to tow my trailer (8000lbs) without having to rev to 2500rpms or so in order to cool my DDP 150's. If I had to shift out of OD on steep grades that's fine. I don't care how much smoke I get when I take off. I just want to be able to tow and at the same time use the fuel upgrades that I bought for more than a couple of seconds like now.

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How about an ATS Aurora 4000? I think it's a 63/70/14. I know these aren't wastegated but I'll do studs if I have to. Maybe I should just go with a 62/71/14 and if I don't like the spool up I'll just do a cam later on.

· Registered
6 Posts
daily driving turbo

I think you would be really happy with the 62/14. i have no issues with mine and am very pleased, it also has to ability to go up to 50PSI on boost, i dont think you would be as happy with the 64 or higher, the 62 lags alittle compaired to stock but spools up nice. if you go with a hightech it's brandnew with no core charge. mine was about 1,800 with the down pipe. direct bolt on didn't change anything but the down pipe.

· Registered
2,139 Posts
I've heard great things from guys running the 62/68....that turbo shouldnt surge. turbos usually surge when the compressor and exducer wheels are close in size such as a 64/65

· Got P7100?
6,489 Posts
Unless you are planning on running 150 or larger injectors don't go any bigger than a 64, all you will get with anything larger than a 64 is alot of smoke trying to get up to speed as you will not have enoug fuel to spool it up quick enough. what mods do you have? i am running a 64 and drive it everyday.
what mods do you have done? I'm running a 62, unless you are going to run 100hp injectors or bigger 64 is not going ot help, just going to make alot of smoke. let me know what you are looking to get out of the turbo you want to buy.
Are you saying that you run a 64 in the top post and a 62 in the second post? You sure can change a turbo fast...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.