Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to here what the exhaust brake sounds like when it's engaged. Preferably the BD Brake, but any will do. I'd like to hear it on a straight piped truck. I want to know how loud it is. I've been thinking about getting one.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Bump...........

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
I'll see if I can get you one of mine tonight :thumbsup

·
Boiler up!
2,450 Posts
ive got one on mine...strait piped. it sounds like a peterbilt goin down the highway. its awsome. loud too. dont know if i can get a clip just yet.

·
3rd Gen Guy
2,095 Posts
yea ive been thinking about getting one for a while... would love to hear what it sounds like with different exaust... espicaily the 4" straight pipe becuase thats what my truck is most like..

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump..............

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
oh crap sorry, I'll work on that

thanks for the bump :thumbsup

John

·
Registered
787 Posts
I couldn't believe there wasn't a single one on Youtube.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
there is a video on youtube that I posted on here of a 6.7 with stacks and the exhaust brake sounds awesome. Let me know if you want me to post it here

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah if you would, go ahead and post it here. Thanks

·
Registered
787 Posts
there is a video on youtube that I posted on here of a 6.7 with stacks and the exhaust brake sounds awesome. Let me know if you want me to post it here
Awesome, I couldn't find it before. I kinda wanted to hear a 5.9 though. Is the brake on the truck the one that came stock from the factory or an aftermarket?

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It amazes me how different the trucks with cats sounds. They sound like a V8 truck. My truck sounds NOTHING like that. Mine sounds like a frigin' semi. You can tell mines a I-6.

I really want to hear something like the BD setup. on a straight piped truck.

·
Registered
324 Posts
there is a video on youtube of a second gen straight piped w/ and exhaust brake..its a white 2wd 2500

·
Registered
787 Posts
Cool, thanks for the link! But he isn't using the brake. And he isn't even moving.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
hope this works for you :thumbsup
its with just the back sliding window open and 6" stacks

·
Registered
787 Posts
Awesome sound!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts