Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got tan leather, and the tear really isn't that bad. I'm thinking an upholstery shop could pretty easily just re-stitch the tear.

Wondering if anyone else here has done that and what it cost?

In a perfect world I'd swap in a new leather Tundra seat with perforated leather and heating/cooling...sooo nice!

·
Sasquatch
3,883 Posts
I'm in the process of just reupholstering my entire interior , a lot cheaper than taking it to a shop to be fixed. One shop quoted 1000 to reupholster one seat that tore. I was able to reupholster my seats, center console, top of the console, and leather door inserts with true leather for about 700. Add another 100 for seat heaters, I'll post pictures when I get a chance to snap some with the DSLR instead of a phone.

The door panel arm rest with leather installed.

You can see the center seat and console has new leather on it including the the top cover..

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I got 2 seats done but in cloth, turned out great, cost me 140 per seat.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in the process of just reupholstering my entire interior , a lot cheaper than taking it to a shop to be fixed. One shop quoted 1000 to reupholster one seat that tore. I was able to reupholster my seats, center console, top of the console, and leather door inserts with true leather for about 700. Add another 100 for seat heaters, I'll post pictures when I get a chance to snap some with the DSLR instead of a phone.

Nice!

I'm assuming you bought the new leather covers somewhere already sewn together?

Did you do any work on the foam? the left side of my driver's seat is noticeably lower than the right side. Somehow it's still comfortable but I plan to fix the foam when I fix the leather(or re-cover the seat).

·
Sasquatch
3,883 Posts
Nice!

I'm assuming you bought the new leather covers somewhere already sewn together?

Did you do any work on the foam? the left side of my driver's seat is noticeably lower than the right side. Somehow it's still comfortable but I plan to fix the foam when I fix the leather(or re-cover the seat).
It was sewn together. You need to take the seats out, take all the hinges and the base off and from there you'll figure out how to get the covers off and put the new ones on. Takes about an hour on the first seat to get the learning curve, then the second one goes by quickly. The center console isn't too bad either, the top cover is a little tight and takes some messing around with to get it. The door panels take more time and persuading but they're doable. As for the hole in the driver side tear I just used some foam off the original seat cover, cut it up and taped it down on the cushion and made it nice and even, then put the cover on. It feels pretty good.

The best part is that it gives the seat a new fresh look and feel, along with the smell of real leather like in a new car. But it also is still nice and squishy from being broken in, and under the new leather on the center console I still have my elbow groove underneath that's custom fitted to me. My father's truck has band new custom leather seats and while they're very nice, they're shaped differently and are stiff since they don't have a lot of butt miles yet, doesn't feel as comfy as my seats.

Welcome to LeatherSeats.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.