Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way I can measure to see how much lift is on my buddies truck? He bought a truck that was already lifted and is wanting to find out exactly how much lift the suspension has and we can't figure it out, we don't have a stock truck to go by, and he has 37's on it, so im sure we can't just go by the fender to wheel height. Any ideas?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The rear has 8in of block, I need to measure the front somehow.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Yeah, wow! Really? Take some pics of the front coils and rear springs at the blocks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, that was a typo, meant to say 6" of block.

·
Premium Member
7,234 Posts
Measure from the center of the hub to the top of the fender opening. Mine measures 24"s front and 26.5" rear. Stock height. Subtract these measurements from whatever your buddies truck measures and that will tell you the height of the lift.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My measurements are 26" on the front and 27.5" on the rear. I bought the truck used, so does this mean I have a leveling kit installed?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'd say there's a pretty good chance you have a lift on the front at least.
I looked at some pics in another thread and it looks like I have a 2 inch leveling kit in the front. Looks like a round piece of steel above the coil. There is also a 1" block of steel added to the rear.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
DM i would definately say you have a leveling kit judging by your pics and the fact that it measures 2" higher in the front

·
Registered
32 Posts
DM i would definately say you have a leveling kit judging by your pics and the fact that it measures 2" higher in the front
I just bought the truck and I'm the third owner. The more I look the more I find that some things have been changed or added. The second owner did have some larger tires on the truck at one point. So I guess he needed a little more room.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I just bought the truck and I'm the third owner. The more I look the more I find that some things have been changed or added. The second owner did have some larger tires on the truck at one point. So I guess he needed a little more room.
Same thing happened to me, I am the second owner and when I got it I knew it had an intake, but it turned out that it also had a leveling kit like you, and also a couple more surprises

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This truck measures right at around 31 or just a hair taller on the front, and 31 in the rear

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.