Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out a little while ago that the ST's have different headlights than the SLT and up guys do. My truck has a single H13 bulb that is used for both high and low beams. I want to get a DDM HID kit but I wanted to know if I still need the dual in/dual out harness and the error eliminator.

The instructions for installing the H13 bulbs on their site looks incredibly easy. Didn't say anything about cutting and splicing any wires. Basically straight plug and play.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I run some custom 6k setups I have that I put together with some Phillips bulbs and a harness I got from one of my friends in dallas who is also a distributor. We do a lot of conversions on motorcycles also as they work in those housings also. Mine are WAY better than stock. I can't believe that they expect you to put your family in the truck and drive across the country with a trailer while having these worthless lights in front of you. Downright dangerous in my opinion. If you want I can maybe try to find how much I can get you a whole kit for. I got slimline ballasts and a double grounded relay setup. Works great. And my bulbs have a magnet drive in them since our 1 bulb does both high and low. When you hit the high-beam switch its retracts the bulb using a magnet on the bulb and directs the light higher. I get a good clean cutoff with them. Very impressed. let me know. :party018:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The DDM kit is less than 80 bucks and everyone seems to really like it. I'll go with that one for the sake of simplicity.

#40Fan, thanks for the heads up. You saved me 15 bucks!

·
Registered
95 Posts
The DDM kit is less than 80 bucks and everyone seems to really like it. I'll go with that one for the sake of simplicity.

#40Fan, thanks for the heads up. You saved me 15 bucks!
got a link?

thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
So when i order this kit i need to order the H13 high/low bulb? I also have a ST. I just wasnt sure on what the diff in all the bulb choices were?

·
Registered
844 Posts
So when i order this kit i need to order the H13 high/low bulb? I also have a ST. I just wasnt sure on what the diff in all the bulb choices were?
Yeah. The one bulb acts as both a high and low beam. If yall need any install help pm me. I think I've done it about 50 times when trying to configure my perfect setup haha. :hehe:

·
Registered
102 Posts
OK thanks i didnt kno what the diff was between the h4 hi/lo or the h13 hi/lo.

·
Registered
844 Posts
You seriously won't ever know how you lived without them. And the cutoff line is so clean on our 2010's too. I haven't been flashed by a single other driver yet. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I ordered mine this eveing also. 55w H13 Hi/Lo 6000K. Now the waiting game! I hate waiting on sumthing! I would love to be able to hit the buy button and bam, it be at the front door.

·
Registered
257 Posts
How much are you all paying for these? I see them on the website for $30 for the raptor HID kits, am I looking at the wrong thing?

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
For some reason that is the only kit available now. If your particular truck has a bulb type that doesn't have an upcharge and you only want the 35k, then yeah, $30.

·
Registered
95 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I got my kit today, but I have no idea how to install it and it came with no directions. I saw the H13 install pdf on the DDM site but I don't know what I need to do with the dual in/dual out harness. Also how much stuff do I need to take out from the engine bay just to get to the stinking headlights???

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
There should be a wiring harness that is wrapped in a red/black protective cover. That wiring will have a negative and positive end on it. You will need to hook that up to the battery. I used the driver's side.

Get the head lights out. Two 10mm headed screws. They are both on the inside (closest to grill) with one up top and one down in the grill area. Then look in the wheel well area. There is a flap that you need to pull upward. Becarefull and don't do it when it is cold out. Plastic breaks easy when cold. When the flap is open look in and you will see a white plactic piece. About an inch wide, 3 inches tall. Push up on it to unlock the headlight. Now pull the light assembly forward. There is a ball and socket that helps hold it in that you will have to get popped out, so don't be afraid, just pull.

When you have the headlights out far enough to get to the bulb, take it out and unplug the bulb. Install the HID and hook the wiring harness and ballast up. Getting the red/black wiring down to the bulb is up to you. Running the extra length to the passenger side is up to you too. There will be one plug on the driver's side that you plug the factory bulb harness into. The passenger side will just hang free and left unplugged. Find somwhere to put the ballasts so you have room to put the light housing back in and reverse the removal.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I told you didn't need the harness. The H13 kit will come with it's own harness.
Ahh crap! I just read that I didn't need the error eliminator and not that I didn't need the harness. Could of saved even more money... Install should be easy now.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Installed them a few hours ago. It was really easy to do and I'm happy with the improvement in the lighting. If someone wanted to do this on the cheap they could just get the 35w ballasts and it would only be like 40 bucks plus shipping.

On another note, I noticed the black plastic piece under the headlight will come out with just a couple bolts. Does anyone know if that piece is the same on the SLT and up models where that piece is painted body color? If could just get the piece from the dealer I would be all about that.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts