Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so ive had my truck for a year and its sitting roughly 6-650 hp and drives great....build list as follows

intake
4in exhaust
363sxe
full built trans with full billit throughout and 2200 stall
built head (rods, springs, retainers)
exergy 60over injectors
fleece flo pro 750 pump
fass 165 titanium
coolant bypass
ARP 2000 headstuds
(If i missed something just ask and ill correct myself)

Now,
I rarely drive this truck...my work is 100 miles round trip so i take a beater truck to put miles on it so i only get to take it out on the weekends....its a grocery getter but i do like going to the track every once in a while also
I have an opportunity to sell my turbo and get a s476/83/.90 from a guy who was going to use it but never did. (It’s brand new) I also have my old cp3 so i could just add a cp3 as well if need be.

THE QUESTION I HAVE IS:

Anyone ran this turbo before? If so how was it? What supporting mods did you have? Is this doable with my build that I have now and not be a lag pig? Anything helps....appreciate it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
What elevation are you at?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the next couple months i am at 4K above sea level....depending on military stuff will decide whether i go to sea level or 2300

·
Registered
804 Posts
I ran a similar set up, i had larger injectors and a 1.0 housing on mine but it drove well but I'm at sea level also. I personally think you would be better off with something smaller though with your set up like a 467. You could do a 467 with your set up as is and be fine and not worry about adding dual pumps and in my opinion will have better drive ability.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Depends how you drive your truck and what you want out of it. If you are at any type of elevation it will be a dog unless you keep the rpms above 2000. I prefer good usuable power down low. To me big chargers that don't light until above 2000 rpms or higher are pointless because my truck doesnt spend much of it's time at that rpm. On a 6.7 it might be ok but a 5.9 I do not think it would be fun to drive.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So then would all of this be better as a compound setup? I feel like I’d be making that 63 scream when I was at the top end.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ran a similar set up, i had larger injectors and a 1.0 housing on mine but it drove well but I'm at sea level also. I personally think you would be better off with something smaller though with your set up like a 467. You could do a 467 with your set up as is and be fine and not worry about adding dual pumps and in my opinion will have better drive ability.
What’s size injectors were you running?

·
Registered
701 Posts
For daily driving or just a fun do it all truck I prefer compounds especially since i am at 5500 to 7000 feet. Racers use large singles with nitrous to spool them so they can bring the torque in later and help preserve the engine. If it is a do it all vehicle think you might prefer compounds. Idk what size your 363 but a 363/68/.9 t4 with a 480 is a proven setup which can produce pretty big numbers

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For daily driving or just a fun do it all truck I prefer compounds especially since i am at 5500 to 7000 feet. Racers use large singles with nitrous to spool them so they can bring the torque in later and help preserve the engine. If it is a do it all vehicle think you might prefer compounds. Idk what size your 363 but a 363/68/.9 t4 with a 480 is a proven setup which can produce pretty big numbers
what are the specs on that 480 typically for that setup and what numbers do they typically produce?

·
Registered
804 Posts
I think the biggest question here is what is your goal for horsepower?

·
Registered
804 Posts
You could use the S363 you have now and run that in compounds with a S480/96/1.32 which will be sufficient air for your goals, but you will likely need more fuel to get you there. Otherwise if you are looking to go with a single i would go with a S472/87 charger with dual pumps and 150% over injectors. with good tuning that will drive well and not be maxing out the fuel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts